Polished titanium mini skirmish!!Pics!!added

photorob

Enlightened
Does anyone think it is possible to polish a benchmade mini skirmish. It has a titanium handle and i would love to try to polish the edges all the way around the handle. How about only polishing the swirl pattern inside the knife. Any thoughts/ Experiences.

Last edited:

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
Re: Polished titanium mini skirmish

Someone on USN did polish the edges of his Skirmish, you can find the pics in the "pimp my knife" subforum. Ok, maybe not polished, I think he used a grinder but the edges were indeed shiny. Actually fair number of 630s have been modded by members of that forum.

Good luck!

photorob

Enlightened

That website is F in retarded it won't allow me any privileges to do anything there. Do you think you can just take the pictures off the site and email them to me. [email protected]

photorob

Enlightened

Thank you for sending the pics. Now I am a member and I can't find the link.
I've noticed that there is one screw on the knife that looks that it can not be removed do I need a special tool to remove it.

bubbacatfish

Enlightened

Here's the link you were asking about,

http://usualsuspect.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29293&highlight=630

as for disassembly I'm not sure but somewhere in those threads someone mentions that once all the screws are removed that stop pins unscrews. I think you should be able to twist the two handle slabs in opposite directions & it will come undone but not having done it myself I can't say for sure. Good luck!

photorob

Enlightened

So here are my results. About four hours or so of sanding and polishing.

I'm having a little problem now though. When the knife closes the blade is hitting one of the bolts in the back. Does anyone know how I can solved this problem.

photorob

Enlightened
I've been doing a little research at USF and i think my next step is going to be a little anodizing job. I'm feeling a blue on the polished edge.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a SKirmish that I removed the green ano. from (using the Oxy-clean dunk).

I won't do any home grinding of Ti, because the dust is not very good to the lungs, and I don't have the space needed for good ventiliation.

The design does offer all sorts of home-modding possibilities.

--dan