Power on Board HID wiring

justforquestions

Newly Enlightened
So I have this and there is a spade female connector on the black and red wires. Bought a new battery.
I am a complete novice and have two questions.
1. Can someone link me what is safest/best terminal connector used with sla batteries with these HIDs?
2. Is there a video tutorial showing how to connect a male spade connector into the terminal connector?

I feel like im asking how to turn on a car. But suprisingly did not find much searching online.
s-l300-2346945881.jpeg

I am a complete novice.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
So I have this and there is a spade female connector on the black and red wires. Bought a new battery.
I am a complete novice and have two questions.
1. Can someone link me what is safest/best terminal connector used with sla batteries with these HIDs?
2. Is there a video tutorial showing how to connect a male spade connector into the terminal connector?
I don't have a Power On Board model, but I have one that is substantially similar. The short answer is you connect the female terminals on the leads directly to the battery's terminals.

A typical 12V 7/7.2Ah battery looks like this with color coding and will also normally include engraved (+)/(-) indicators:
1657233596716.png

There are two common terminal sizes (the designations escape me) for this size of SLA - the female terminals on the spotlight's leads should work with either. Otherwise it's straightforward red to red (positive) and black to black (negative).

justforquestions

Newly Enlightened
The female spotlight leads are small. Substantially smaller then the terminals on the battery. Does that mean I just open them up wider?(im guessing not).
Any ideas on what to do?

The battery is 9ah instead of 7ah but I don't think it's any bigger then the 7ah. Just confused now lol.

Thank you by the way. Helps a lot. I was going crazy on this for a lot longer then I care to admit.

Attachments

• 3497AF93-9161-4502-ADB3-D4639E8E863B.jpeg
    3497AF93-9161-4502-ADB3-D4639E8E863B.jpeg
    579 KB · Views: 119

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The female spotlight leads are small. Substantially smaller then the terminals on the battery. Does that mean I just open them up wider?(im guessing not).
Any ideas on what to do?

The battery is 9ah instead of 7ah but I don't think it's any bigger then the 7ah. Just confused now lol.

Thank you by the way. Helps a lot. I was going crazy on this for a lot longer then I care to admit.
There are two popular SLA battery terminal sizes - F1 and F2. Search for an F2 to F1 step-down adapter and it will fit perfectly.

strideredc

Enlightened
Those spade connectors in the UK come in 1.5mm2 red, 2.5mm2 blue and 6mm2 for yellow. This is wire cross sectional area not the spade size (I imagine in the US they will be the same but relate to AWG?)
Your prob better going into a auto shop with what you have and show someone so you can get the right ones first time rather than wasting time and money ordering packs of these off the web.....