Problem with Aleph 3 light engine

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks! I am struggling with getting an Aleph 3 working and not having much luck. The light (NG750 LE UX1K 1X123) stopped working and the LED was a just a dim glow. It then burned out and the body of the light was hot enough to burn your hands. I like the light and would like to find out what it would take to fix the LE. I did correspond with Don Mc who suggested that the converter blew. I am quite new here and not terribly familiar with the whole light lexicon. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me get this light working.

Jfowler

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a fix for your current driver, but the Aleph Drivers are built in the same foot print as Don's current HIVE drivers. You just unscrew your old one and screw in the new one. It's a pretty simple job. For example, I use a HIVE driver in my Aleph 19.

It is not inexpensive to buy a new driver from Don, but it would save your Aleph 3. It would also add some modernization and give you an option to program your light.

Reach out if you have any questions.

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a fix for your current driver, but the Aleph Drivers are built in the same foot print as Don's current HIVE drivers. You just unscrew your old one and screw in the new one. It's a pretty simple job. For example, I use a HIVE driver in my Aleph 19.

It is not inexpensive to buy a new driver from Don, but it would save your Aleph 3. It would also add some modernization and give you an option to program your light.

Reach out if you have any questions.
Thanks so much!! I reached out to Don but he's very busy right now. Luckily, I did find someone who will fix it for me. Sounds like a good option though. I'd like to modernize the light.