Quickmod: Mozo HID (N30 Clone) 55w + 3s2p 10,000mah Lipo

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a dead Mozo HID spotlight with a worn out battery pack and a non working ballast so I decided to give it a good use by modding it with stuff I already had.

Using two battery packs originally bought for a Blitz 240 100w hid mod, but then I opted for 4s2p 8400ah instead of the 3s1p 5000mah, and a automotive 55W Slim hid ballast, 5000k neutral white bulb, I built this in less than 4 hours...

img2012053100364.jpg

It's not the prettiest mod but it is functional. Notice that even the plugs are out because the two batteries are so huge it occupies the whole housing.

After 2 minutes it will draw a constant 5.08A @ 12.4v. I should expect about 100minutes or less than two hours of runtine. I also connected a Hobby style voltmeter connected to the balancing plugs for battery readings. The outer 4mm bullet plug you see is to run directly with a 12v source with a switch to either charge the battery or not. In case of emergency it will be possible to quick charge the lipo battery with a car providing a very high ~14v when running, it is dangerous to do so but it works for an emergency.​

Last edited:

Latest posts