REVIEW: Manker E02 Right Angle AAA Flashlight

proceed5

Enlightened
Thanks for your suggestion
a) we will print SN on new models;
b) In fact, you can use 10440 battery with E02, but can only work with one mode;
c) E02H will come soon;
d) E03H will come later.

Thank you very much Manker for your reply,
Have been buying some Manker lights recently, E14-1, E11, T01-ii, E14-ii, E02.
Will be looking forward to your E03 and E02H.
By the way, would appreciate if Manker would allow the end-users to configure the output levels like the UI used in the T01-ii.
Best regards

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trouble in paradise...

Unfortunately, I must report that the E02 stopped working for me after I dropped it from 35 inches (0.89 meters). I had it stuck to the side of a barbeque grill (using the magnet), illuminating a cooler on the ground next to the grill. I caught it with my arm on the way past, it fell down onto the wood deck, and stopped working.

I will contact Manker and see how they wish to handle the situation -- and update this post accordingly.

With the E02 out of commission, I decided to see what was accessible -- in case the problem could be identified easily.

The reflector is held in place by a small bezel ring. Pressing against my thumb, I could easily unscrew it. The rest of the circuit, board, and etc were accessible by unthreading a small gold-colored retaining ring around the positive post.

Here's what it looks like when deconstructed-
27032858369_998900d95d_c.jpg

A close-up pic of the circuitry-
27032858459_406db1146f_c.jpg

There's a sizeable copper heatsink behind the circuitry. A small amount of heatsink compound is present to transfer the heat to the outer body.
27032858509_0fdb8a4201_c.jpg

While the E02 failed in an unexpected way - a bad thing - I will say that the build quality otherwise seems to be good.

BobbyC777

Newly Enlightened
Trouble in paradise...

Unfortunately, I must report that the E02 stopped working for me after I dropped it from 35 inches (0.89 meters). I had it stuck to the side of a barbeque grill (using the magnet), illuminating a cooler on the ground next to the grill. I caught it with my arm on the way past, it fell down onto the wood deck, and stopped working.

I will contact Manker and see how they wish to handle the situation -- and update this post accordingly.

Bdm82 -

I'm brand new here and wanted to say thanks for a great review of the E02 ! I am just in receipt of the E02H (headlamp) and am getting familiar with the UI, etc. So far, so good.

With your own light being broken it may be difficult to answer the following question but perhaps your memory will serve you or others can chime in. It's really a very minor point but I am curious. The light remembers the last mode one was in and will turn on in that mode with a "long press." But I notice that it will only return to LOW or HIGH and not MOONLIGHT. If one desires MOONLIGHT then they would just do a "one short click" so it is not a problem. Is this what others have found?

How is the repair process coming? I bought mine from eBay and it was shipped quite quickly from NJ. But I was told that for repairs the units had to be sent to Hong Kong. That sounds expensive and slow. I hope things work out for you.

Bob

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bdm82 -
The light remembers the last mode one was in and will turn on in that mode with a "long press." But I notice that it will only return to LOW or HIGH and not MOONLIGHT. If one desires MOONLIGHT then they would just do a "one short click" so it is not a problem. Is this what others have found?
Bob

Yes, that is what I have found.

Latest posts