ReviewTheLight: Thrunite T20T NW (Titanium Body, Neutral Emitter!)

ettercap

Newly Enlightened
Looking forward to the completion of the review.

I have the T10S CW and T10T NW. I use an Energizer lithium primary in the T10T to minimize the weight. It is surprisingly light and noticeably lighter than the T10S with an Eneloop. The neutral tint of the T10T is very nice - warmer than the CW, but not brown or yellow. The beam is very nice - floody and useful - despite the relatively small size of the head. I like the low mode a lot and find it very useful when my eyes are adjusted to the dark. The high mode is also impressive and it is nice to have a light that go from dim to bright.

I still have a problem with AAA lights - I really appreciate the small size and impressive output that can be achieved with the newer emitters like the XP-G2. AAA lights are a compromise - you get smaller size and lose longer runtimes. The T10T is a little bigger than an AAA light with a clicky, but still very light and offers long runtimes on L. I haven't kicked my AAA addiction, but I like this light a lot.

Edit: I got the idea from Gunga and put a small trit in the lanyard slot. This makes the light perfect for night table use. You can see the trit, and the light is big enough to grab without fumbling around. Memory is set to low and I can turn it on without blinding myself or waking my wife.

image.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome. Almost cylon-esque :cool:

ettercap

Newly Enlightened
Looking forward to the completion of the review.

I have the T10S CW and T10T NW. I use an Energizer lithium primary in the T10T to minimize the weight. It is surprisingly light and noticeably lighter than the T10S with an Eneloop. The neutral tint of the T10T is very nice - warmer than the CW, but not brown or yellow. The beam is very nice - floody and useful - despite the relatively small size of the head. I like the low mode a lot and find it very useful when my eyes are adjusted to the dark. The high mode is also impressive and it is nice to have a light that go from dim to bright.

I still have a problem with AAA lights - I really appreciate the small size and impressive output that can be achieved with the newer emitters like the XP-G2. AAA lights are a compromise - you get smaller size and lose longer runtimes. The T10T is a little bigger than an AAA light with a clicky, but still very light and offers long runtimes on L. I haven't kicked my AAA addiction, but I like this light a lot.

Edit: I got the idea from Gunga and put a small trit in the lanyard slot. This makes the light perfect for night table use. You can see the trit, and the light is big enough to grab without fumbling around. Memory is set to low and I can turn it on without blinding myself or waking my wife.

image.jpg

Where did you source the trit? I'd like to do the same thing with my T20T.