RIP Queen Elizebeth

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a military Indian 101 Scout 45ci, OD green w/blackout lights. They are not easy to ride with a foot clutch and tank shifter, and Queen Elizabeth is going through slalom course like it's nothing.

3rd photo from bottom, is that a Morris Minor in full military motif?

Her Royal Majesty was one heck of a gal!

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Queen Elizabeth II was a wonderful lady and lived a fantastic life.
I swore an oath to defend The Queen when I joined the army.
Living in the Commonwealth in a country which is rapidly losing its identity (and shaming its past), I wonder how long we'll hold to and respect such important connections, history and culture?
In a world of uncertainty where the free world is destroying its resolve with left wing authoritarianism and a lack of common sense all while increasing threat emerges, it's a worry.
To me the Queen represented moderation, reason, respect, tradition, history, dignity, class, courage, dedication, duty and strength. All good things that our leaders could really use right now.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yeah I remember the tabloids were saying how horrible he treated her between articles about Elvis was an alien and president such and such had a baby out of wedlock.... and Keith Richards was dying of lung cancer from smoking too much bananna peels.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Apparently there was some concern on the part of some of their citizens that the currency bearing her likeness wouldn't be "valid" after her passing. This prompted a news announcement that it is indeed still valid and will remain so.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Great thread here !
:lovecpf:

Just want to correct a minor detail --

During W.W.2 she served as an Ambulance Driver,
not a Mechanic.

As an Ambulance Driver, she was required to
be able to change a tire on her vehicle.
Therefore, she did indeed demonstrate
that she could do this.

She discussed this in an interview I viewed
on Television, perhaps a decade ago.

Attachment.JPG

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a military Indian 101 Scout 45ci, OD green w/blackout lights. They are not easy to ride with a foot clutch and tank shifter, and Queen Elizabeth is going through slalom course like it's nothing.

3rd photo from bottom, is that a Morris Minor in full military motif?

Her Royal Majesty was one heck of a gal!
I am not paying attention to details.. Her majesty has her left hand on a clutch lever, meaning the bike is Not US. More than likely BSA or Royal Enfield. US did supply a good amount of equipment to all troops in Europe during WWII, however, the bike is clearly not one..

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I am not paying attention to details.. Her majesty has her left hand on a clutch lever, meaning the bike is Not US. More than likely BSA or Royal Enfield. US did supply a good amount of equipment to all troops in Europe during WWII, however, the bike is clearly not one..
All I noticed was she had not put her foot down as she navigated the obstacles and that the bike resembled the one Steve McQueen jumped the fence with in that movie Great Escape.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently it's a BSA C10 250cc.