sadest holly wood death

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
The whole thing with the Marine was about he thought Pantera stole some of his songs (he was discharged when diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia) and he was totally obsessed with Pantera and got p***ed of when they split and thought it was Dimebag's fault. He killed 4 others and injured 2.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now if Britany Spears kicked off i wouldnt shed a tear. Her kids are better off without their mom anyway.

Seriously.
Can we trade Britney in and get this woman back, instead?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D1hGXxMB4PY

Now this was a completely tragic and unnecessary waste of a very nice, cool, joking, down to Earth and talented human being. They don't make a lot of celebrities like her, for sure.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
The one that was weird for me was Gerry Wilson - Had a short lived show on ABC, and was about to start another show - caught some sort of virus and was dead in a couple of days

Now a confession - I knew him fairly well back in the early 80s - didn't LIKE him - he was 'talent' at the college TV station, and I was 'technical'. He was one of those guys who looked down on the 'technical' people, and thought he was G-d.

That said - when it's a up and coming 'star' that you knew well, and was your age, and he dies suddenly like that...

As for John Lenon, a story...
The night John Lenon was shot, the man who was to become my older brother in law was commited to the mental hospital here in NYC. The next day, Mary (my now wife) went to go to the guidance councelor at school. She had to deal with all these girls (all girls) down there dealing with 'John Lenon was killed', and she was like 'get over it - you didn't even know him. My BROTHER was commited to the hospital last night, and I need some help dealing with this..' Mary is still pissed at that BS.

Empath

Flashaholic
There's no problem at all with a thread about the saddest Hollywood deaths. I could imagine it as much more valuable as a thread about celebrity deaths, rather than just Hollywood celebrities.

What I do find disheartening is that we can somehow turn a thread from "what was the saddest", to "those I wish would die". :shakehead

Monocrom

Flashaholic
At the moment Heath Ledger because it seems almost random, Brandon Lee at least did martial arts stunts which put his life more at risk.
Also John Candy, I think his career could've gone on for a while longer had he shed some weight.

Brandon Lee died because the prop master was an incompetent idiot. He didn't do his job properly.

John Candy died, ironically, while trying to lose weight to improve his health. Problem is, he lost too much too soon, and his heart gave out.

As far as sad deaths go, I'd have to say Vincent Price. He was a legend in the horror genre, but by his last film; he was no longer respected by many. While filming Edward Scissorhands, the Money Men weren't happy that Price was going to get paid a bit of extra money because filming his scenes had gotten a bit delayed. Tim Burton, a huge fan of Price's work, told those men that he was not going to get rid of Price just because they demanded it.

Unfortunately, Price was aware of the dispute. After his death, it was revealed that he constantly worried about money.

AvPD

Enlightened
Brandon Lee died because the prop master was an incompetent idiot. He didn't do his job properly.

John Candy died, ironically, while trying to lose weight to improve his health. Problem is, he lost too much too soon, and his heart gave out.

I knew that Brandon Lee died from being shot with the casing of a blank bullet, I didn't know that about John Candy, ironic indeed.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
There's no problem at all with a thread about the saddest Hollywood deaths. I could imagine it as much more valuable as a thread about celebrity deaths, rather than just Hollywood celebrities.

What I do find disheartening is that we can somehow turn a thread from "what was the saddest", to "those I wish would die". :shakehead

Never wished Gerry would die (and if I implied that - bad wording) I didn't LIKE him enough to call him a friend, and didn't go out of my way to hang with him, but we did tend to hang out at the same places, with the same people - but I would never wish him any harm.

Empath

Flashaholic
My post did follow yours, but it didn't have anything to do with yours.