Safety Advice please

Insigma

Newly Enlightened
Hi all

I could really use some technical advice on display laser safety , I am well aware how dangerous these things are and have up until recently never even considered using them for display purposes

That all just changed when i decided to splash out on some DPSS Laser projectors , The kind used in clubs , laser shows etc these are the kind with moving mirrors that scan the beam very rapidly to form shapes and patterns with various Arial effects the problem i have is that the area i have to use them is very small. and cannot give me the required 3m floor to projector distance, I am well aware that a direct eye hit at 60mw even from a fast moving scanned beam could still pose an unacceptable risk

What id really like to know is some ruff figures if i fitted a [FONT=Arial Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pangolin's Safety Scan lens -6 to a 60mw Dpss Scanning green what would be the minimum safe distance for peoples eyes? I have no intention of directly Scanning people it is more indirect or direct accidental exposure im concerned about

the only other option i can see is to physically mask of the front of the laser so the beam cannot reach eye level , and use the dmx control to bring the paterns to this level only however this would seriously compromise the effects

Any other options?
[/FONT]