StreamLight Ultra and Poly help needed

DarrenD

Newly Enlightened
So I bought a Streamlight Ultra Stinger and a Streamlight PolyStinger at a flea market for $5 for both. No chargers included, did not know if they would charge. Bought batteries for both on Amazon and an AC/DC charger. The Ultra needs a new bulb (on order from Amazon) the Poly looks fine. My problem is when I place them in the charger the Ultra does nothing no lights come on or anything on the charger and the Poly when I place it in the charger no lights come on on the charger until I press the power button on the flashlight then the red light on the charger flashes rapidly. This is with the new batteries inserted also. Any suggestion appreciated.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Is this the charger you have?
image.jpg

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I bought a Streamlight Ultra Stinger and a Streamlight PolyStinger at a flea market for $5 for both. No chargers included, did not know if they would charge. Bought batteries for both on Amazon and an AC/DC charger. The Ultra needs a new bulb (on order from Amazon) the Poly looks fine. My problem is when I place them in the charger the Ultra does nothing no lights come on or anything on the charger and the Poly when I place it in the charger no lights come on on the charger until I press the power button on the flashlight then the red light on the charger flashes rapidly. This is with the new batteries inserted also. Any suggestion appreciated.

That behavior is a symptom of no connection to the battery. Take a look inside and make sure the spring terminals aren't covered in corrosion or otherwise damaged. Also make sure your batteries are actually good. If there aren't any obvious issues there's probably a broken or loose connection inside the light itself. They're easy to take apart, but Streamlight will refurbish them for free if you send them in with a short note.

I wish Streamlight made an Ultrastinger Classic LED with the all-metal body. Something about the modernized US LED doesn't feel as good to hold.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
What ever happened to this light?

Because of this thread I have a few ordered hoping between the two I can get one to work. It seems for this light that plenty of parts and batteries are still available. I really wish they hadn't discontinued it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It just wasn't nearly as popular as the aluminum version.
Apparently to a big enough degree that Streamlight decided to stop making it.