Sunwayman Tomahawk C20C Stolen

High_Noon

Newly Enlightened
I believe the AC guy's assistant stole my Sunwayman Tomahawk. I left it in the HVAC room in the house and when they left, it was gone. I quite liked it, but the switch was always a bit temperamental.

I would like to replace it with a Fraz Labs Lumenite, but they are rarely in stock. Maybe a Zebralight? I am looking for a replacement about the same size as the Tomahawk with a low setting of about moonlight-5 lumens. I'm not too concerned with super-high lumens on the top end, but it's nice to have. I'm not a fan of the wired USB rechargeable lights either. Anyone have an 18650 light recommendation that is easy to use and won't break the bank - around $100.00 - $125.00 or less?

Thanks

Last edited:

3_gun

Enlightened
This list would be so long as to be pointless in making it.

I own at least 30 18650 lights that meet this request that range from $12w/battery Sofirn up to just under $100 for a tricked out Hank light. I even have 21700 lights that are as small as the C20 [guessing]+ has a moonlight level & a high of 3k/L or more. A Sofirn IF25a has a low down to 1L & a max of over 3500 off a 21700 & will hold 125L for 12hrs off 1 charge & costs about $35. Downside it is a USB rechargeable light if you want to use it but since you can remove the cell you can charge one while using another w/no problem. Heck with the new LEDs & drivers you can get the same out put & run times from a much smaller 14500 light like a Wurkkos TS10 @ $30'ish.

Narrow it down some, hot spot or no; flood or throw; high CRI or not; warm sunlight like light [4000-4500 Kel] or max brightness [6000Kel & above]; side, tail or rotary switch; IPxx?; smart or dumb UI; etc.

SO many great lights to pick from today

High_Noon

Newly Enlightened
@3_gun: Thanks for the reply. To narrow it down a bit, I'd prefer a throw light rather than a flood, relatively high CRI, warm, tail or side switch, non rechargeable via USB, small. I'm not really sure if I want a smart light or not. I know the Zebralight is programmable, but I'm not sure I want to deal with programming a light, which is why I'm attracted to the rugged simplicity of the Fraz Labs Lumenite. Perhaps I should wait until those become available again?

I already have a few 18650 batteries, but I'm not married to them. The 21700 battery is fine too, especially if it's included in the purchase price of the new light I decide upon.

I do have a very nice Texas Lumens light, but it uses a 20700 battery and it's bigger that I want for this particular EDC light. This (TX Lumens) purchase was made when the 21700 cells were very new on the market and I made the wrong bet by picking the 20700 cell. I was trying to limit the type of batteries I have to keep up with, but since I no longer have my 18650 Tomahawk light, it probably doesn't matter if I switch to the 21700.

Thanks.

@ilikeguns40: Thanks for the recommendation. I've looked at the SC600 for some years now and always thought it would be a good choice. I'll take a look at the SC64 as well.

Last edited:

3_gun

Enlightened
Acebeam E70 21700 or the E70 mini 18650 are both very much flood pattern lights, I have both

I'd check this out:

I have 6 of these lights set up for max throw w/W2 LED, max brightness w/SBT90.2 & general purpose w/XHP70.3 5/K 90 CRI orange peel reflector (OP) & w/SST20 4K 95CRI w/OP. Some LED picks are extra cost. I added the pocket clip & magnetic tail cap to all my D1s. The D1 does use the Anduril 2 UI but if you leave it in simple mode it's a "dumb" smart UI. Plus they're on sale now starting at under $30.

My most used is the Xhp. Great lights

Last edited: