• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire KL1, KL 5,TLS, M6 upgrade kit KX9T XHP 70.2, M3 bored body A21

altermann

Enlightened
Re: Surefire bored C2, KL1, KL5,TLS, M6 upgrade kit KX9T XHP 70.2, M3 bored body A21

Also looking for LEP flashlights

SYZYGY

Enlightened
Re: Surefire bored C2, KL1, KL5,TLS, M6 upgrade kit KX9T XHP 70.2, M3 bored body A21

cool mods, altermann.

if i understand correctly, the XHP70.2 you put in the KX9T head is bigger than the stock emitter?

do you know if the stock emitter was 5mm x 5mm? i've read it's the cree XM-L but don't know for sure.

the XHP70.2 is 7mm x 7mm i think. obviously the overall output is higher, but how does the beam look with the KX9T head? do you think it still throws as far?
do you happen to have a beam shot?

also, curious if you ever considered the XHP50.2 instead which i think may be the same size as the stock emitter.

finally, would you consider selling the modded head without the battery pack?

thanks

Last edited:

altermann

Enlightened
cool mods, altermann.

if i understand correctly, the XHP70.2 you put in the KX9T head is bigger than the stock emitter?

do you know if the stock emitter was 5mm x 5mm? i've read it's the cree XM-L but don't know for sure.

the XHP70.2 is 7mm x 7mm i think. obviously the overall output is higher, but how does the beam look with the KX9T head? do you think it still throws as far?
do you happen to have a beam shot?

also, curious if you ever considered the XHP50.2 instead which i think may be the same size as the stock emitter.

finally, would you consider selling the modded head without the battery pack?

thanks

It's hard to shot beamshots because light is very powerful and I don't have wide lense for my camera, it still have the spot and it's a bit wider, than standard xml led, but the lense works fine with xhp70, i was waiting for so long time to get uncut lense old version, specially for xhp 70.2 mod.
I will not sell it separately because low experienced users may try to use it with wrong batteries like 3-16650 or similar.

Last edited:

SYZYGY

Enlightened
that makes sense, thanks.

can you tell me a little about the uncut vs cut fresnel lens or how to tell them apart? also wondering why they changed the lens design.

altermann

Enlightened

KT4 with copper dropin -SOLD
kl1 withdrawn

Last edited:

I got the KT4 with cooper dropin tonight. Fantastic quality as you described and fast shipping too. Thanks altermann.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received the M6/M6LT Kit today and I couldn't be more happy! Smooth transaction from start to finish!! Thanks Altermann!