The 4 that I chose for last weekends camping trip

timtothej

Newly Enlightened
PXL_20230518_214921346.jpg

Neglected the boss on this one but I still love it. Mainly just used the malkoff and Aviator. Did search out with the modlight a few times on night hikes though.

Lights and Guns

Newly Enlightened
I love modlite and have rocked it for many years at work. However for camping I'd say it's a terrible choice, considering it's lack of versatility.
It only has one mode, MAX...Gives you about an hour of light on a cell, and that's all. When I'm camping I very rarely need crazy amount of throw or output.

I'll give it a pass if you just wanted to get out there and stretch its legs and see what it could do! Which sounds to be the case by what you wrote under the photo!... But for a 1 cell 18650 with camping as it's intended purpose... There are page fulls of lights that would have been better suited as I'm sure you are well aware.

Hope you had fun though!

timtothej

Newly Enlightened
I love modlite and have rocked it for many years at work. However for camping I'd say it's a terrible choice, considering it's lack of versatility.
It only has one mode, MAX...Gives you about an hour of light on a cell, and that's all. When I'm camping I very rarely need crazy amount of throw or output.

I'll give it a pass if you just wanted to get out there and stretch its legs and see what it could do! Which sounds to be the case by what you wrote under the photo!... But for a 1 cell 18650 with camping as it's intended purpose... There are page fulls of lights that would have been better suited as I'm sure you are well aware.

Hope you had fun though!
You are correct. I did not rely solely on the modlite. We hiked at night using our headlamps and I would occasionally pop the modlite on to see further ahead and around

Poppy

Flashaholic
If I were to go camping for the weekend, my 4 light pack out would probably look like this.

1685094934103.png

My grandson likes that triple 3C cell defiant more than any other.
I had him 3D print a spare 18650 carrier, and spacer to convert the 3C into a light that runs on a single 18650, and it carries a spare with it.
1685095150214.png

I'd probably bring a spare Convoy S2+, just because.

timtothej

Newly Enlightened
If I were to go camping for the weekend, my 4 light pack out would probably look like this.

View attachment 44327

I had him 3D print a spare 18650 carrier, and spacer to convert the 3C into a light that runs on a single 18650, and it carries a spare with it.
View attachment 44328

View attachment 44327

View attachment 44328

Very solid choices. I brought 2 thyrm vaults full of batteries, 2 power banks and a solar panel. Ended up not needing any of them though lol. Between the camp fire, lanterns, and headlamps there wasn't much use for any of the 4 flashlights I chose other than the Aviator and BOSS providing red light in the tent in the middle of the night