ultra-efficient incan, 173 Lm/W

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im a night person myself. When I had to wake up at 6AM back in school, trade school & during my first jobs, it always burned me out after a while. I remember even when I was a kid and later a teen, I always immediately reverted back to a night schedule during summer holidays after just a week or two. Now I have better hours, but if you only let me Id wake up even later still. I keep a regular schedule & always get 8 hours of sleep. Being a night person doasnt mean you are sleep deprived, or that one cant stick to a schedule. I stick to my personal circadian rhythm, no two peoples rhythms are completed alike. That is a complete myth & a unhealthy generalization.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Im a night person myself. When I had to wake up at 6AM back in school, trade school & during my first jobs, it always burned me out after a while. I remember even when I was a kid and later a teen, I always immediately reverted back to a night schedule during summer holidays after just a week or two. Now I have better hours, but if you only let me Id wake up even later still. I keep a regular schedule & always get 8 hours of sleep. Being a night person doasnt mean you are sleep deprived, or that one cant stick to a schedule. I stick to my personal circadian rhythm, no two peoples rhythms are completed alike. That is a complete myth & a unhealthy generalization.
Same with me. I've been completely on the schedule I find best for me since I started working at home in 1990. That generally means bed time is anywhere from 4 AM to 6 AM, and I get up whenever I'm not tired any more, generally by mid afternoons.

I had the same issues as you did being forced on a day schedule. I was burned out by the end of the week, and had no energy on weekends to do anything. During summer vacations, or even 1 week school breaks, I always reverted back to a later schedule. I've often thought I might have had far more success in life, both professionally and personally, if society had taken my needs into account. It would have been great going to school during the "night shift" where you arrive at, say, noon, and finish at 6 or 7. I would have been with people like me. We all would have had more energy than we did being stuck on an early schedule.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually longer,

however we are not talking about new tech, this an improvement of an old tech. that only exists inside MIT lab, no different than creating a new steam powered automobile, using modern technology. i do not see it being produced on commercial scale.

The chip you're gonna be using in a future computer only exists in a lab too. The processes to produce it on a mass scale may or may not already be in place.

jtr1962 said:
The biggest stupidity is the idea to make DST permanent. I'm all for not changing the clocks anymore, but it should be permanent standard time.

They've got everyone brainwashed to permanent DST already, so good luck uninventing the social engineering put in place for that one. And it sounds politically better and "greener" than going back to permanent standard time to the average person. We're stuck with that or changing the clocks.