UltraFire

f-lock

Newly Enlightened
Cree q5 single aa. I'm able to get a box of 12 for 3.99 each. Are they any good for the tool bag?

ven

Flashaholic
:welcome:

12x4= 48 so its a lot of money on cheap *beep* tbh.......... Have a look at thrunites t10, good value and a real LED from cree. You could get a couple for that money, or maybe a lumintop TOOL AAA for a little over $10. If they are going to get used or be depended on, worth a little more investment. Other than alki leaks taking them out, they will be hit/miss come the time you need light.

dhunley1

Enlightened
A co worker of mine had one and always liked to show it off and give me a hard time for spending what I do on flashlights. I couldn't help but crack up when he dropped it on the carpet and it stopped working. Had a horrible blue tint and it's clearly not a durable light.

f-lock

Newly Enlightened
Really good info, thx. So it's not a cree led? I'll defiantly look into the other one you mentioned.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Cree q5 single aa. I'm able to get a box of 12 for 3.99 each. Are they any good for the tool bag?

Cree Q5? Now there is something I haven't heard in a long time. There is too little info for me to create an informed opinion not that I am really informed about anything. Odds are the LED is unknown and the gear stupid cheaply made. That said this doesn't mean they won't work. Just don't know.......

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
quality of ultrafire branded stuff is all over the map.
q5 would be old stuff if thats whats really in it.
and predates the rampant cloning of today.
its a crapshoot.