Vulta - Anyone heard of this new brand?

DTflash

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
New poster here!

Does anyone have any information or feedback on these flashlights being sold by B&H photo video? I have already asked them and they do not have any more info than what is on their site.

Here is a link: Vulta

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page - Norm

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like whoever makes those lights, was able to borrow some the tooling for the SunWayMan D40A, since the Volcano is pretty much a carbon copy of my D40A, lol, right down to the specs..

I love it.

People think that the Chinese counterfeiters are some backwoods operation trying to copy product X, Y or Z, through reverse engineering when truth be told, many times, they're just running the OEM equipment during happy hour and making THE SAME product, just a product not sanctioned by the OEM.

Chris:

Hey...I'd like you to make me 300,000 widgets. Here are the specs, the packaging model and the instructions, as per the contract. Please cease production after 300k units and destroy all tooling. Thank you very much.

Mu Shu Pork Manufacturing:

Sure, of course we'll make only 300,000 units and then we'll destroy all templates, tooling and plans. We promise.

Meanwhile, after the A-Team has gone home for the night, the B-Team arrives, lol.

Chris

DTflash

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info ChrisGarrett!

Wow, that sure looks to be identical, but at the same price as a SunWayMan goes for. Not the best marketing strategy.

I guess there is no manufacturer website so they can fly below the radar.

Looks like whoever makes those lights, was able to borrow some the tooling for the SunWayMan D40A, since the Volcano is pretty much a carbon copy of my D40A, lol, right down to the specs..

I love it.

People think that the Chinese counterfeiters are some backwoods operation trying to copy product X, Y or Z, through reverse engineering when truth be told, many times, they're just running the OEM equipment during happy hour and making THE SAME product, just a product not sanctioned by the OEM.

Chris:

Hey...I'd like you to make me 300,000 widgets. Here are the specs, the packaging model and the instructions, as per the contract. Please cease production after 300k units and destroy all tooling. Thank you very much.

Mu Shu Pork Manufacturing:

Sure, of course we'll make only 300,000 units and then we'll destroy all templates, tooling and plans. We promise.

Meanwhile, after the A-Team has gone home for the night, the B-Team arrives, lol.

Chris

Taz80

Enlightened
I looked at all the models shown and they are all exact copies Sunwayman lights down to the modes and run times. Sounds like Chris has the right of it, or the OEM decided to come out with their own line of lights. Sunwayman could be trying to market their lights under another brand to see if they will sell better.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
I for sure hope sunwayman is just trying a new brand as suggested otherwise if I were them I'd be major peeved off!

I wonder if it is just the factory making more units then I wonder if quality is kept the same or they lower it for larger profit as they don't have a brand name to keep intact as they can just make up another name if they get a bad rep.

Also shame there going for the same price, not very smart as I'd just rather buy genuine one!!! I could be interested if it was like half price as I already own a d40a it was my first ever light and I'd love to compere them!

Its a shame as most brands would be very stirct about this kind of thing, for example you would never see Surefire ect ect letting extra runs be made and sold if they made stuff in a Chinese factory. (bad example I know as surefire are US made)

But hopefully you get the point.

DTflash

Newly Enlightened
I have asked B&H Photo Video to send me a link to the manufacturer when they get it, but I won't make another mistake of posting it here :oops:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seen these on B&H and was kind of interested until I seen made in China on the tail cap of one of the models. Sunwayman would be a good OEM if that theory is correct. If they were less expensive I'd consider getting the 18650 model however there are so many good name brand lights at the same price point that it doesn't seem to make sense to buy it.

I researched the brand a bit and see that it exclusively sells to B&H. I found these indirectly when looking for the company that makes B&H's 35mm film canisters. It sounded Israeli but it seems it is only a name.