What was your Good deed for the day?

Buying the drug addicts food doesn't work. They sell or trade it for more drugs. It's a great thought and probably still works a lot of places, but not here.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Buying the drug addicts food doesn't work. They sell or trade it for more drugs. It's a great thought and probably still works a lot of places, but not here.
Hopefully the overpowering smell of McDonald's fries seduces them to devour it, and the Big Mac. While washing it down with the soda from the #1 meal.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I give money to who ask . I been homeless not all us are on drugs some just make mistakes . Plus it's just money if my belly is full and my hair is dry I'm ok

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regardless of not seeking reward or fame, it is not a selfless act because deep down inside it makes you feel good about yourself. Ultimately, that is your heart's reward.
Everything we do is ultimately for our own benefit, for our hearts are wicked and deceitful above all things.

To believe that humans are so wicked & deceitful of heart as to be incapable of an act of benevolence/selfless act (even at personal expense) is a cynical view and completely your right to believe... I just don't share it 😉

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I think there are good, kind-hearted people out there who do good deeds because it's the right thing to do.... I have to believe that. Keeps me from losing my mind.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take fat, sugar, and salt, heat it, AKA a Big Mac, and you've got yourself some legal crack. Seriously, I think there's only one element shy of the real drug.
Yep. The corporation has been tweaking that fat, sugar, salt formula for years, and have it pretty well formulated to be addicting-at least to me. :mad: I can NEVER get my home-cooked burgers to taste anywhere as good! :rant:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I had a friend who would say to me ( I saved you life today) I'd be like how so? ((He would reply I ran over a poop eating dog lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
:drool:Okay, now that is just cruel. I now know how Pavlov's dogs felt. :rolleyes:
We're all Pavlov's dog, when it comes to those Golden Arches.
At one point in time, an average hard-working stiff could open up a McDonald's franchise location in the early days of the company.

Today?....
Franchise fee = $45,000
Minimum required liquid assets on hand = $500,000
Capital spent to open a new franchise = $1,314,500 - $2,306,500

Let's face it, you want a premium location that'll be a huge money maker for you; yeah you'll be paying just over $2.3 Million. And, that's not counting being responsible for future new machine installs, and restaurant upgrades. Those aren't cheap. Speaking of which, been a long while since they were Fast and Cheap.