• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

6V 2x123 Haiku vs Spy 007?

scottryana

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I hope this isn't disrespectful to Don, I am just trying to get some ideas here before buying my next light. I have a bead blasted XP-G Haiku now but would like a two cell light and it looks like there is a new 6V Haiku XM-L out now as well as a light I just recently found out about the Spy 007. Does anyone have both light that could take come side by side pictures with? Or even some first hand opinions? I would imagine that output and run time are about the same?

Thanks!
Ryan Scott

scottryana

Newly Enlightened
Shado,

Could you maybe PM me with your thoughts on both lights? I know all about the quality of the McGizmo and love my Haiku, but I have never seen a 007 and dropping that kind of money on one without ever seeing it is daunting. I do like the form factor of the 007 though seems like it would carry very easily in a pocket. And I actually prefer the twist selector for outputs, I still fight my Haiku at times, so I mostly just leave it on high.

Ryan

Ryan,

I posted beam shots for the Haiku here and for the SPY 007 here and here :thumbsup:

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shado,

Could you maybe PM me with your thoughts on both lights? I know all about the quality of the McGizmo and love my Haiku, but I have never seen a 007 and dropping that kind of money on one without ever seeing it is daunting. I do like the form factor of the 007 though seems like it would carry very easily in a pocket. And I actually prefer the twist selector for outputs, I still fight my Haiku at times, so I mostly just leave it on high.

Ryan

PM sent :wave:

S1LVA

Enlightened
I really like helpful members like shado :) This is why CPF is fun..

+1 he is a great guy and CPF is such a friendly forum.

I have had 007's in the past and most recently I have acquired a 6v Makai. As much as I loved the SPY lights, I couldn't bring myself to carry such an expensive light. Then my second SPY I recently did a partial trade for the Makai + cash. This time for financial reasons.

I love the form factor of the Makai. It feels just right in the hand and it is a whole lot of Ti! Mine is a single mode but one day I hope to have one with the 3s driver as well. The McGizmo 3s driver is my favorite UI for any light.

This has been a lot of typing for me on my tiny Droid phone. Feel free to ask more questions and hopefully I can go on a computer and give more insight on both lights!

S1LVA

Scottiver

Enlightened
There is no finer flashlight than the Spy 007. It is a joy to use. Six levels all individually programmable, and a fantastic little control knob that is super easy to use. For over a year on my nightly dog walk i'd have the Spy 007 in my left hand and a 3v Haiku XP-G in my right which is a great light also. Nowadays it's a 007 in my left hand and a 6v Makai in my right which can light up an object 100yds away. If you want a two cell 6v McGizmo, I highly recommend the Makai. I use the AW IMR 16340 Li-ion cells (which are supposed to be safe in multi-cell applications) in both lights for guilt free lumens.