what is your most solid, or quality feeling light?

veedo

Newly Enlightened
just wondering what everyone thinks is the most quality feeling light out there. you know, when you grab something and you can just tell its built well. im just getting the flashlight bug, i picked up a tk35 as my first "real" light. im on the hunt for a smaller light now, and am checking out the tk21 and other similar lights. looking at reviews and pictures, the sunwayman lights look very very solid and well built. can anyone compare? how are the other fenix lights?

fl0t

Enlightened
HDS has that feeling. The first time you grab a Clicky you know it is different than the others because it feels rock solid.
Surefire gives you that feeling as well. When you unscrew the tailcap and see threads you will see what I am talking about.

It is not that the other brands feel cheap, but in my experience, HDS and Surefire go the extra mile.

Napalm

Enlightened
Xeno Cube! You can't beat the feeling of a stainless steel bar... :p

Sunwayman next.

Nap.

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xeno Cube! You can't beat the feeling of a stainless steel bar... :p

Sunwayman next.

Nap.

Heheh I am gonna add the SolarForce SS L2 SE and SS L2m SE. 6P clones but weigh about as much as a 2D mag with batteries. Some machining marks but the threads and everything else is top notch. You do not break these when you drop them, you break the floor.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to name only one. I would like to say that Surefire 6P, 9P, E1L, E2L AA, E2DL and Malkoff MD models all are my highest quality feeling lights.

Viper715

Enlightened
Either my C2 with a M61 Malkoff or my Malkoff MD2 with a M91. Rock solid reliable no foolin around lights.

archimedes

Flashaholic
My C2 with an M61 Malkoff feels like it could hammer nails all day and work fine. In fact, I've been tempted to get an ElZetta, because I think they actually tried that :D

In a smaller light, I would say the L1, or any of the stainless steel Peak pocket torches.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Surefire M2 with an over-ready zero-resistance tailcap mod
Surefire 6P with a Malkoff M60, over-ready zero-resistance tailcap, and second O-ring at the tailcap. Half the electrical contact path is solid brass and the other half is Surefire aluminum. Considerably heavier than a stock 6PL.

nbp

Flashaholic
run4jc said:
Without question - either of my two McGizmo Haikus win the award for my most solid feeling. I think my Surefire L1 would come in second...

+1

Haiku and Mule for me. My Surefires and HDSs are very good too. Peak and Muyshondt definitely hold their own. All solid lights.