2 different EagleTac 18650 3100mAH batteries?

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I had purchased an EagleTac 3100mAH battery from GoingGear (white/red one) and also one from another vendor on here (black one). I've seen pictures of the black one before but never seen the white/red one. From reading the specs, they appear to be the same. The length is exactly the same and the button tops are the same. Voltage reads about the same off of each one after a full charge, so not sure if one is just a "newer model" compared to the other, or just using a different manufacturing battery cover (although they both use the same EagleTac logos).

Is one better than the other? Is one newer than the other? I need to get more of them, so should I get more of the white/red ones, or the black ones? Or should I just get whichever one is cheaper?

ET_18650.jpg

ET_BLK_Specs.jpg

ET_WHT_Specs1.jpg

ET_WHT_Specs2.jpg

Button_Caps.jpg

Height.jpg

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't help you on which is better, but last month, I got two ET 3100s from a guy selling them on Ebay and they are the black/white ones, but they didn't come with the boxes.

Both work fine and he's a US seller, so who knows?

I know CalliesKustom changed their labels, so it's not unheard of.

Chris

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a label change. Same battery. The white and red are newer and I think look better.
The Black one looked like AW

Danielight

Enlightened
The red, silver & black one looks just like the one I purchased thru illuminationGear a few months ago. I will probably order another 18650 from them in the near future ... will be interesting to see if I get a red & white one. Just curious: how much did you pay for your red & white one (if you don't mind my asking)?

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
Just curious: how much did you pay for your red & white one (if you don't mind my asking)?

GG has the white/red ones listed on their site for $14.99 + shipping (or spend over $50 and get free shipping). Ironically, they have pictured on their website the black/silver/red ones.

I paid $12.75 shipped for the black one pictured above, just by itself so it saved me a few bucks on shipping.... otherwise, I would've just ordered from GG if I needed more, but I only needed 1 at the time.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Admin edit:
Dealer shipment posts not permitted. Keep such things at the MP with appropriate subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:

Divine_Madcat

Newly Enlightened
I just got my order, and they are the white/red wrapped. I must say, the look very sharp; hopefully they have the same (or better) electronics & cell that reviews quoted them as having. I always have to wonder a bit when packaging is changed, but that is just me being paranoid.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 8, all black

new labels are scary. contact eagtac themselves, and ask about the history of label changes, to be 100% sure what you have

Divine_Madcat

Newly Enlightened
I have 8, all black

new labels are scary. contact eagtac themselves, and ask about the history of label changes, to be 100% sure what you have

For what its worth, looking at Eagletac's site here:
http://www.eagletac.com/html/accessories/features/et18650_3100mah.html
I think we are OK. If you look at the bare silver cell on the bottom picture, you can see two sets of machine printing. Looking at my cell, I can see the same printing behind the wrapper. Additionally, the top is identical to the black wrapped version on the site.

As it is, this new label makes it look more professional and "battery like", so I can't blame em on updating it (as long as nothing else changes) ...

JB

Enlightened
According to my local Eagletac dealer, the red/white packaging is the newer one.

ouchyfoot

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for starting the thread. I just got a pair of red and white ones and got a little anxious. I'm okay now.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
The red/white ones are the newer batches. The black wrapped ones were from the original production batch. Going forward, they should be red/white for a while. They are still the same cells and protection circuits.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did they make the change so their is no label to make the diameter smaller? Seems like a good idea the labels sometime make a big difference on whether the battery fits in some light's or not, I know I have a a few AW and Redilast 2900 and 3100's without a label so they would fit in certain light's. The silver/black Eagletac was already pretty slim for a protected 3100 so this should make it even better.