got cought 'naked' last week

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, not THAT kind of naked..

Last week my wife and I went out for the evening (left the boys at home, 11yr old is certified red cross). We played some tennis, then went to one of the small local bars for a while. Later we were sitting on a park bench on the main intersection when a car waiting at the stoplight did what EVERY flashaholic waits for. Out of the sunroof came a spotlight (very lame one at that) and spotted us. Apparentally the teens thought we would be embarassed...
Now, normally I have many lights on me..
dorcy 1xAA with a 14500 DD at 1.2A with a TXOL (very bright)
m@g AAA with a SMJLED
ARC AAA clone
mini arc clone
and a pico
Last 3 are on my keys

Well, as my wife drove and I had just changed, I HAD NOTHING.
I just sat there slapping my pockets feeling naked

Since then I have promised my wife that will NEVER happin again. I just got a m@g D belt holder for my U bin cut mag (1.3A). And I HOPE to run into those kids again. I normally would NEVER shine ANY of my lights at a car, HOWEVER, a stopped car that 'started it' I think I could make an exception.

ANY other stories like this to share????

Jeff

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was picking my wife up from her work at a club when I saw a green light flashing in my general direction. I thought, "OK, you wanna play?" So I flashed him back with a 140 lm red LED Aleph that I have. He was in awe. Later I talked to him. He was just hailing a taxi for a patron with the green light when I pounded him with a very bright spot in his face.

Opps.

I've also been the flasher in a couple of instances and had been 'returned fire'. I always wonder if they were members of CPF.

Jeff

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
I was at the park on the 4th and some kid was messing around with a stock Thor. (I ID'ed it at one glance by the beam and reflector size. I was quite proud of myself).
I was gonna flash him back with my EDC (modded L1P), but there's no way it can compare to the thor. If only I had my Mag11. At least it would be closer to fair. *sigh*

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was @ the MGM Grand in Las Vegas about 3 weeks ago and found a seurity guard flashing his light. To get his attention (umm may have been a little intoxicated lol) I flashed my Q-3... 20 minutes of flashlight talk later I think I had made a new friend and also gave him a great story to tell. I think it'll go something like this...

"So then this nut job pulls out a bright LED light....."