Turn Signal DRLs

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is currently the best module, and best place to purchase said module, for installing aftermarket turn signal DRLs on a vehicle? Hopefully one that turns the opposite DRL off when the turn signal is being used.

Thanks!

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I run such a module on my Accord. Got it from Daniel Stern; there's a writeup and a series of YouTube movies (here, here, and here) from other user(s) of the same module. There are installation options (connect or don't connect one wire) to determine whether putting on the turn signal kills the other-side DRL. I originally installed my module so the other-side DRL would turn off during turn signal operation, but I didn't like how this left me totally unlit while waiting to turn across traffic, so I disconnected the option wire and now the other-side DRL stays lit while I've got the turn signal on, which is how all factory turn signal DRLs operate as far as I'm aware.

I don't know what other aftermarket turn signal DRL modules might be available. I think the "Running & alarmlights" item from this site might be such a module, but I'm not sure (I don't speak Dutch) and it's over twice as expensive.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are installation options (connect or don't connect one wire) to determine whether putting on the turn signal kills the other-side DRL. I originally installed my module so the other-side DRL would turn off during turn signal operation, but I didn't like how this left me totally unlit while waiting to turn across traffic, so I disconnected the option wire and now the other-side DRL stays lit while I've got the turn signal on, which is how all factory turn signal DRLs operate as far as I'm aware.

Some of the Chrysler 300s shut off the headlamp DRL of the side whose turn signal is flashing. It's annoying, and also a recipe for a ticket given to someone for "impersonating an officer" because of this 'feature' (which is for regulatory compliance because of the distance of the turn signal from the DRL), either because it was misinterpreted by the cop as such an action, or someone figures out they can wiggle the turn signal stalk back and forth to alternately flash the signals and consequently make the headlamp DRLs alternate (unless there's a lockout on that to prevent such a thing).

Qship1996

Enlightened
More than just Chrysler doing the DRL shut off when turn signal is operating, I am seeing plenty of new cars on the road doing that now.