• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Haiku XR-E users still out there?

SFfanman

Enlightened
Lately I have been seeing more and more original Haikus for sale. Curious George got the best of me and so it begs the question: Are people still using and enjoying their XR-E's or have the XP-G's captured the spotlight? Have any good user stories? If so, please partake. :tinfoil:

scout24

Flashaholic
I still use mine regularly. I tried an experiment recently for about a week. I put them both sitting side by side with my wallet and keys, and took one in the morning on my way out the door (I get up at 4:15...) wothout looking to see which one it was. Both plain, one XR-E, one XP-G. Not once did I feel like I had to go back in and swap when I took the XR-E. Both are outstanding lights and stand on their own merits. One slightly brighter with a broader beam, the other more like my PD-S27 beam- a more defined hotspot with decent spill. Neither leaves me wanting.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
For each seller, there is a buyer, so the # of Haiku XR-E users hasn't changed ;)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed XRE....and I have 2 Haiku XP-Gs - a BB and a plain. I sold my original XRE just 'cause it was great buyer and it was his first 'Gizmo. But I missed it - it has it's own unique appeal. So I bought another one on the BST and it'll be at my house in the morning.

So I guess I've come full circle?:ohgeez:

But I still love my XP-Gs....and my PD-XPG...

I'M SO CONFUSED!!! I'LL JUST KEEP 'EM ALL!:twothumbs

lovecpf

SFfanman

Enlightened
I missed XRE....and I have 2 Haiku XP-Gs - a BB and a plain. I sold my original XRE just 'cause it was great buyer and it was his first 'Gizmo. But I missed it - it has it's own unique appeal. So I bought another one on the BST and it'll be at my house in the morning.

So I guess I've come full circle?:ohgeez:

But I still love my XP-Gs....and my PD-XPG...

I'M SO CONFUSED!!! I'LL JUST KEEP 'EM ALL!:twothumbs

lovecpf

:naughty:

Great to hear all the positive play these are getting.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The beam of the XR-E is one of the best if not the best reflectored beams available IMHO. The flux of the XP-G can't be ignored, but the beam profile of the XR-E can't either.
So yes, I am torn, too :)
bernie

Scottiver

Enlightened
I agree with Keissling, my XRE has the best beam i've ever seen. I use mine EVERY night. I've never even seen an XPG, not sure I want to (Can't afford new lights right now) :)

Barefootone

Enlightened
I agree with Keissling, my XRE has the best beam i've ever seen. I use mine EVERY night. I've never even seen an XPG, not sure I want to (Can't afford new lights right now) :)

I had to chime in :D.
I agree with Scott and Bernie. My XR-E is my favorite light and I just love it :rock:.

fyrstormer

Banned
I'm not sure I'd want to see the XP-G either; I might decide I like the smoother beam more than I like the XR-E's punchier hotspot, and I already have enough super-smooth-beam flashlights. My Haiku XR-E is the second-throwiest flashlight I own, my modded Arc6 being the first.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gotta weigh back in on this. Got my BB Haiku XR-E from oscarthedog - arrived back home from a business trip late last night so I didn't open it until this morning. Geez - I'd forgotten how much I loved the original Haiku. What a beautiful beam!

Please understand - I still love my XP-G(s - I have 2), and it does out throw the XR-E ever so slightly (at least to my eyes) and it has a much larger 'spot', but the tint of the XR-E is just perfect. I think everyone should own BOTH! :devil:

Now here's a surprise for you - I compared the Haiku XR-E to my recently modded PD (XPG). I've mentioned the nice tint of that XP-G before. The beams of the Haiku XR-E and the PD XPG are almost identical!! I've measured them in my home made IS, and they both come it at just over 130 lumen. The difference is a slightly larger hot spot in the PD-XPG.

Still amazed at my luck regarding the tint of the emitter.

But, back on theme for this thread, YES, there are still lots of XR-E users out here! I don't know how often I'll take mine out because it is a BB and I want to protect it, but I can always use my Fivemega 18650 body and then have the sweet Haiku beam with uber long run time and protect that beautiful BB body.

If you see one of these on the forum, you should snap it up! :party: