Anyone remember squeeze lights?

TorchMan

Enlightened
I think that's what they were called. Maybe not. I'll try and describe them.

They were disposable. The light was rectangular and small, pocket size. Activation was by squeezing the body. They had a bulb on the end, I don't think it was LED but could be wrong. Brightness and beam were pretty good for the time, which was late eighties, early nineties. I had many of them, and they were purchased in grocery and drug stores. They were inexpensive.

Is my memory far off track of what these were like?

paulr

Flashaholic
Yeah, they're still made I'm sure, they have two AAA cells and a #222 prefocused incan bulb inside, in a plastic shell with a lanyard hole at the front (near the bulb) so you could easily point it at a keyhole you were trying to put a key into, with the light attached to your keychain. They were/are very functional little lights. The modern equivalent is the UK 2AAA eLED.

This is an incarnation:
http://energizer.com/products/flashlights/flashlight.asp?cat=9&id=3

TorchMan

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
I remember some of them were roundish boxes with no lettering that came in different colors.

This is a differnt body style than I remember as well. The ones I remember were rectangular. They disappeared from the shelves where I used to buy them. I'll take a look now when I go grocery shopping, as I don't look at their lights very often.

Those in the links do come in differnt colored bodies, but not choice is offered. Testing the squeeze light in store, throught the packaging was a must, for there were many duds among them.

Windscale

Enlightened
There are plenty down where I live. They are now mostly LEDs. But I prefer winders. Mine is small (about smaller than a packet of 20 cigarettes), light and winding for 1 or 2 minutes will power 1 or 3 or 5 white LEDs for over 10 minutes. The light comes with cable for charging Nokia phones (adaptor can be bought for Motorola phones).