Battery Storage

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know most of the members here use rechargeables of some sort but for back up batteries such as primaries what do you keep them in, do you guys leave them in the package or take them out and put them in a container. For all my lights i use rcr's, and lsd's. I take my batts out and put them in Flambeu small lure containers, so this way i dont have battery packages taking up room and its easy to inventory as well. Pics of what you guys use are welcome, everyone likes to see pics.

p1020278sw5.jpg

p1020282hz9.jpg

These are not the rest of the batts just wanted to take pics for now.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now I have a small plastic organizing tray/basket that I keep the AAs in. For the AAAs, I have them in large pill bottles which are then placed in the basket. I'm not happy with it, but it does not take up a lot of space.

I have a similar setup for my rechargeable AA and AAA cells, but I actually have storage cases for them, which I then put in a larger organizing tray/basket. I recently acquired some more rechargeables, so I need to change things around again.

Here's my rechargeable setup until I come up with something better:
P7100047.jpg

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
It still looks good man......at least you have all your batts in one tidy place. Flambeau makes a bigger case which i plan to get sometime this weekend so all my batts will be in one case.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got the bigger case today......way better then the smaller units that i was using, now i have all my primaries in case.

Meterman

Newly Enlightened
. . . and I thought I had got too many batteries . . .

Now I feel reassured. :sssh:

Wulf

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think you can have too many...lol...comes in handy when bad weather hits and the power goes out.....i learned my lesson years ago when Katrina hit and we didnt have power for 2 weeks. The other two cases that are in the top pics will be filled with CR123's and the other will be lithium AA's and alkies.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . . and I thought I had got too many batteries . . .

Now I feel reassured. :sssh:

Wulf

I just counted my lose cells.

Primaries
2 x PP3
8 x D
20 x C
136 x AA Alkaline
26 x AA Lithium
125 x AAA
38 x AAA Lithium
4 x AAAA
3 x CR2
54 x CR123
69 lithium coin cells

Rechargeable
26 x AA
16 x AAA
11 x CR123
6 x CR2
7 misc sizes.

That's well over 500 cells. Think I'll be OK in a power cut ??

The Primaries and normal rechargeable I store in an Ammo case and the rechargeable lithiums I store in a plastic box in the fridge to prolong their life.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I finally got the bigger case today......way better then the smaller units that i was using, now i have all my primaries in case.

what is the model number of that case, looks close to what I need mine is too small so I have two cases instead.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best thing to do is go to your local store and see what they have in there fishing tackle section. Just make sure to get the ones with blue dividers that can be removed.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have been buying Plano but the spacing and dividers are not suitable for AA/AAA cells. I think one store may carry it if I can remember the name they opened one in Broken Arrow a few years back some huge fishing store chain I think. I have never seen the flambeaux in stores here that I can remember.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Battery storage

I finally got the bigger case today...
Looks awesome. You probably shouldn't have button cells rattling around lose. They can short against each other and might go flat (or even leak) by the time you want to use them.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aside from what others have said here, I use plastic tubes with screw tops that are sold to coin collectors for holding rolls of coins. The ones designed to hold a roll of nickels are perfect for the bulk storage of cr2016s and cr2032s. I also slip a piece of bicycle inner tube over each for a bit more protection.

Aluminous

Enlightened

Alfreddajero, something I've been curious about... Your profile location says Virginia Beach (which is presumably in Virginia), your sig has a link to a Kentucky group, and you were apparently living somewhere on the Gulf Coast (Louisiana/Mississippi?) during Hurricane Katrina... What's the story? :)

Looks awesome. You probably shouldn't have button cells rattling around lose. They can short against each other and might go flat (or even leak) by the time you want to use them.

How should they be stored so that can't happen?

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast

I used to store button cells inside a gameboy cartridge case using small pieces of blu-tack to hold the cells apart. A better idea would be some plastic tubing of the right diameter.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Katrina came all the way here as well......winds up there in mph knocking down power lines as well as tree branches everywhere.......i do some audio work for there paranormal team, they send me the audio and i clean it up. Its just a paranormal forum.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
For now I store my batteries in tins and tubs:
rechargeabletin.jpg

lithium.jpg

alkaline.jpg

The CR123As came from fenix store in Keep2Go tubes which is convenient for storage. Unused alkalines are left in the packaging, and spare rechargeables (trust me I have many more, but they are in lights and other devices) are stored in plastic snap cases.

I plan to get a toolbox to store all batteries and flashlight maintenance stuff e.g. o-rings, lube, lanyards.

Niconical

Enlightened
Zipplet:

4 x AA/AAA Vapex plastic cases....?
Someone's been shopping at component-shop, dead giveaway!

:)

Niconical

Enlightened
Take from the front of the queue.
New/freshly charged to the back of the queue.

battrack.jpg