Any have the Diamond K2 upgrade Dcell Mag yet?

Afraid-of-the-dark

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone purchased the new Diamond K2 maglight upgrade from Flash-lights.com yet?

I'm interested but I haven't heard or seen anything on the various flashlight websites around. (either that or my searching skills need improved)

thanks,

Squint

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not going to be shipping for 2 weeks ...
That's what the guy from Diamond has posted here and has had on his merchant sites since February.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks nice... I would get it but I've run out of Mags to upgrade LOL

even my beater lights have LED mods in them... the curse of being a CPF'er :)

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
My apologies, I'm afraid that what was intended to be funny has misled you.

The individual who claims to own flashlights.com, Diamond, et al, posted here and on his web sites that the product would be available in 2 weeks back in February. Seems that the 2 week response has been standard ever since.

Realistically, the Diamond K2 appears to be vaporware right now. And reviewing Lumileds product offering (they're just a short distance from here), it would appear that the 140+ lumen K2 that this vendor claims to offer, doesn't really exist. So ... I'm afraid your guess is as good as anyone's as to when and if they'll actually ever be available.

Again, my apologies for any misunderstanding.

Afraid-of-the-dark said:
Excellent! I can wait two weeks! (but not a second longer...)
{I thought the 2weeks was shipping time not product availability.}

mucho thanks for the info

Afraid-of-the-dark

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
My apologies, I'm afraid that what was intended to be funny has misled you.

The individual who claims to own flashlights.com, Diamond, et al, posted here and on his web sites that the product would be available in 2 weeks back in February. Seems that the 2 week response has been standard ever since.

Realistically, the Diamond K2 appears to be vaporware right now. And reviewing Lumileds product offering (they're just a short distance from here), it would appear that the 140+ lumen K2 that this vendor claims to offer, doesn't really exist. So ... I'm afraid your guess is as good as anyone's as to when and if they'll actually ever be available.

Again, my apologies for any misunderstanding.

Brighteyez, no apologies necessary, no offense taken. Now I'm bummed that "2 weeks" is really MUCH longer than two weeks. Maybe I'll go ahead and order the Diamond LED for the 2 Dcell Mag that uses the Zetex driver. I'm hoping for a nice bright car light.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
My apologies to you too. I really wasn't aware that a subtle humorous approach would be so misleading to posters. Guess I'll have to be a bit more blunt in the future.

I think you've got it now. It doesn't exist, the lumens claim information on his web site is misleading, the chart that he stole off of Lumileds' web site is outdated and incorrect. The U bin K2 that he claims to be using (that he also claims to be delayed) is only nominally rated at 100 lumens, not the 120 or 140 that he has previously claimed.

Manzerick said:
wait a sec...so the product does not exist?