Hose Nozzle..."Interest"

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hose Nozzle...\"Interest\"

This kinda snuck up on me but after I spent $12 on a large chunk of Gilmore brass hose nozzle, I remembered that I had a bucket full of different "nostrils" in the garage. This was, by far, the largest of my collection and styled like a 1/2 size, real 1&1/2 inch firefighting nozzle, minus the throttling valve. With 5lb. hanging off the end of my 3/4" hose, now I get some excersize while watering.

My excuse is that I was a part-time firefighter some years back. My wife says it's a guy thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Hose Nozzle...\"Interest\"

When I water the grass, it involves a pump, inch-and-a-half line and a full nozzle. Talk about exercise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Hose Nozzle...\"Interest\"

Sounds like fun. You'd likely win any neighborhood waterfights.

Years back, when I ripped out all the old galvanized 1/2" water lines in my house, I installed 1" copper, 3/4" meter, full flow ball valves inside and outdoors with 1" & 3/4" lines feeding them. That's why I use 3/4" garden hose. Now, if only I had an extra $5k, I'd rip out the old lateral and have a 1&1/2" line installed out to the street and get a 1" meter...with a booster pump!! Yeah! That's the ticket.