How to read FUJITSU battery manufacture date?

Nimurian

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, newbie here ;)

I have been trying to figure out my recently purchased batteries manufacture date but. thus far, I have been unsuccessful.

They have the following MPN (manufacture production number, if memory serves):

HR-4UTHCEU(4B)

If anyone knows how to solve this conundrum I'd greatly appreciate it!
Hope you are all well and... thanks in advance! ;)
pedro.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone, newbie here ;)

I have been trying to figure out my recently purchased batteries manufacture date but. thus far, I have been unsuccessful.

They have the following MPN (manufacture production number, if memory serves):

HR-4UTHCEU(4B)

If anyone knows how to solve this conundrum I'd greatly appreciate it!
Hope you are all well and... thanks in advance! ;)
pedro.

Like Eneloops, look at the seam on the wrapper. Right were the edge is, you'll see a series of numbers '15--06' embossed into the wrapper edge, or right below it and then a pair of letters, as found on my white standard Fujitsu AAs.

2015, June/15--06.

There very small and you might need a jewelers loop, or magnifying glass, although my bad eyes can see them with good lighting.

Chris

Nimurian

Newly Enlightened
Like Eneloops, look at the seam on the wrapper. Right were the edge is, you'll see a series of numbers '15--06' embossed into the wrapper edge, or right below it and then a pair of letters, as found on my white standard Fujitsu AAs.

2015, June/15--06.

There very small and you might need a jewelers loop, or magnifying glass, although my bad eyes can see them with good lighting.

Chris

Hi Chris!
Thanks very much for your reply ;) I was so careful with the batteries that it didn't even occur to me to open up the package and see if they had the date written on them! :p I guess that's simply because last time I bought rechargeables (some 6 years ago) there were no date stamp on them altogether ;)

Mine are from June 2016, it seems. Not as "new" as I had hoped but still good enough ;)

Thanks for your prompt reply!
pedro.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chris!
Thanks very much for your reply ;) I was so careful with the batteries that it didn't even occur to me to open up the package and see if they had the date written on them! :p I guess that's simply because last time I bought rechargeables (some 6 years ago) there were no date stamp on them altogether ;)

Mine are from June 2016, it seems. Not as "new" as I had hoped but still good enough ;)

Thanks for your prompt reply!
pedro.

That's pretty new.

Eneloops et al., are made in batches, so we're not going to find them made in every week of every year. For instance, at the end of last year, the Fujitsu distributor that imports them into the US, would state that the August 2016, were the latest batch imported and June before that, so your batch.

Chris

Behemot

Newly Enlightened
Heard Fujitsu's going to kill themselves. Supposedly they have big plans for being more expensive, almost to the level of Eneloops (so who's gonna buy Fuji than when it costs the same as Eneloops?). And as for compensation, they are to come with some cheap blue ones with only 1000 cycles - stinks like the same sort as "chinese eneloops".

Nimurian

Newly Enlightened
That's pretty new.

Eneloops et al., are made in batches, so we're not going to find them made in every week of every year. For instance, at the end of last year, the Fujitsu distributor that imports them into the US, would state that the August 2016, were the latest batch imported and June before that, so your batch.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I had no idea that was how it worked. I'm just glad to finally have these batteries!

I am based in Portugal (in a small city called Tomar) and this is actually my third time trying to get these batteries!... First couple of times I bought Eneloops - but they never arrived. Second purchase I actually got an empty envelope with the invoice inside. Fortunately the ebay shop I used were stellar and always offered a refund. I then decided to see if I could get these Fujitsu instead and... hey presto, they did arrive (albeit a week later than predicted).

I am going to use them and test them with my recently acquired OPUS BT-C3100 v2.2, I believe. I'm not an intensive battery user but I wanted to make sure I was getting some relatively new batteries so that I could get the most out of their lifespan. ;)

Again, thanks very much for your help ;)
All the best,
pedro.

Nimurian

Newly Enlightened
Heard Fujitsu's going to kill themselves. Supposedly they have big plans for being more expensive, almost to the level of Eneloops (so who's gonna buy Fuji than when it costs the same as Eneloops?). And as for compensation, they are to come with some cheap blue ones with only 1000 cycles - stinks like the same sort as "chinese eneloops".

Hi Behemot,

I find that somewhat strange. The place I bought mine from there was more or less a pound (1£) difference between a pack of four Fujitsu Black and another of Eneloop Pro. So, to me at least, their price is already quite similar. If they were both at the same price I would think Fujitsu would lose some of their customers - but maybe I'm wrong ;)

Hope you are well,
pedro.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

My last 12 NiMH batteries were the Fujitsu brand, bought in the summer of 2015.

I Bought an 8 count sealed box of the standards and got 4 of the hi-caps with the little Fujitsu power bank/charger, for not a lot of cash.

When I bought them, they were actually cheaper than Eneloops.

Chris