SC51 missing H1/H2?

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed that when I click on my SC51 there is no 2nd level if I double click in High mode. 2nd level works in both Low & Med. If I double click 9 times to put it into strobe then I have the initial level and strobe when I double click. If I then double click 8 times to go back to H1 & H2 there is only one level and double clicking does nothing. To make matters worse the level I get in High mode appears to be no brighter than strobe. I have tried fresh primaries and freshly charged enloops and have also left the battery out for 30min hoping to reset the issue but nothing has worked. Any ideas? Thanks!

Vesper

Enlightened
I have only seen my H1/H2 go away in mine when the batteries are getting low. Since you covered that I'd say maybe the light is malfunctioning. Never heard of this before. I'd say contact ZL - may need to be replaced.

g.p.

Enlightened
I get that with low battery, and/or if the contacts are dirty. Try cleaning inside the tail cap where the battery tube contacts, and the end of the battery tube.

bbb74

Enlightened
I get that if the battery isn't good enough to supply the required current

or

if the tailcap is not tight enough. I've found it has to be quite tight for H1 to work (to ensure good contact I guess).

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
I've cleaned it up, tried some more freshly charged enloops and bought another AA primary, even though I have about 30 new Duracells that I bought last month with a 2018 exp but they are from the same batch that I initially put in the light, and no change. I'm just going to toss this back if the drawer where it has spent most of the past year anyway I didn't like having to lock out the tail cap to prevent accidental activation. Thanks anyway guys!

blucaller

Newly Enlightened
I just got my SC51 today and noticed the same thing. I googled "sc51 strobe h2" and found this thread.

I was playing with the SC51 all afternoon at work after someone there gave me a brand new energizer. When I was messing with the strobe at home, I thought I broke it or something. Popped in a fresh duracell and H1 was restored.

Thanks for the info and the thread.