• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Miles Davis 'BiG' Nautilus

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]I'll play it first and tell you what it is later. [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]-- Miles Davis[/FONT]
"Blue in Green" is arguably the most beautiful piece of music on Kind of Blue. The ensemble playing reaches new levels of subtlety and transcendence, and the work benefits greatly from the introduction of pianist Bill Evans, one of Miles Davis' greatest collaborators. Indeed, his piano part is magnificent, and his solo is a masterpiece of his unrivalled lyricism. The tempo of the tune is audaciously slow, and it's easy for the listener to think that it will fall apart at any moment. It doesn't, however, due to the genius of the ensemble. Song Link
Light is so named because of the 6 trits in blue/green alternating color that I installed myself around the circumference. Fred has outdone himself yet again with the machining and I am uber pleased with the result. In what seems to be typical fashion of PhotonFanatic's builds, I provided a general idea of what I was after and then gave free reign to customize as per his own tastes. As if the Nautilus wasn't already close to perfect this pushes it over the edge in my opinion. I'm just sorry that I don't have a camera with manual settings or a UV light to truly capture the H3 in its full glory. And my photo editing skills leave something to be desired too. Anyway, here's what I got. Hope you like. :wave:

"BiG" = Blue in Green

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

And for a bit better detail against a white background, I chose a different album:
DSC00201.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
What a gorgeous light! Fred does fantastic work...and you made a great purchase!

Hmmmm, er...well, I have a camera with manual settings. You can just send that little baby to me for a while, and, um, I'll be sure to take a picture or two. :sssh:

- FITP

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a gorgeous light! Fred does fantastic work...and you made a great purchase!

Hmmmm, er...well, I have a camera with manual settings. You can just send that little baby to me for a while, and, um, I'll be sure to take a picture or two. :sssh:

- FITP
Thanks brotha, sounds like a plan. Give me the weekend to enjoy it then I'll ship in your direction. Deal? :D

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well my buddy FlashInThePan was generous enough of his own time to do a miniature photo shoot for me. I'm very impressed with the shots :bow:; they're far better than anything I could ever muster. Anyway, here they are for your viewing pleasure. I'm rehosting the original pics with his permission. Thanks brotha! :thumbsup:

wood3.jpg

couch.jpg

pf3.jpg

pf2.jpg

tritium.jpg

tritium2.jpg

tree.jpg

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Nice pics indeed! :cool: Way to go, FITP.

Fred's lights are works of art, so why shouldn't his mods be? :twothumbs

:thumbsup: john

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
So Fred did a mod using Enriques's Nautilus? The name Nautilus throws me, as that is the name of one of Enriques's (Endeavor) lights.

Bill

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Fred did a mod using Enrique's Nautilus?
Correct Bill. I sent Fred my Ti Nautilus and what he did was the dimpling and trit machine work. He also gave the light an excellent polish job. I did the trit installation myself in alternating blue/green for six in total. The light itself and all the internals have remained unchanged from Muyshondt. Motivation for this mod came from me wanting to make what I consider possibly the greatest light ever just a little better.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I need to read my own sub-forum more frequently. :crackup:

Nice photos Flash! I would have loved to be able to do the night shots, with the Trits clearly visible, but since I'm not allowed to sell Tritium in any way, shape, or form, the Trits had to be installed once the Nautilus was returned to the owner. :shakehead

I don't like to do too many mods of other's work, but if it is a customer of mine, who whines and begs a lot, what can I do? :rolleyes:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words, all! This flashlight was really a pleasure to shoot. You know how it is in the beauty industry: some models are finicky, while others are easy to work with. She was a professional through and through. She arrived early, stripped down quickly, and showed off her cute little dimples for the camera.:crackup:

Seriously, great work Fred! It was a lot of fun to see this light in person, and your dimpling is simply gorgeous. Thanks to the creator for making such a great light, and the owner for letting me share it for a week!

The only part I regret about this whole shoot was not getting the chance to do a combo shot with my own Nautilus. C'est la vie!

Fred, anytime you want pictures taken of your lights, just send them my way. (You know how people jokingly ask "do they have to PAY the photographers for Playboy?" Well, I feel the same way about flashlights: getting to shoot them is fun enough!) Seriously though, I've seen your own photos, and they're fantastic. I'm still learning a thing or two from your pictures...

- FITP

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Thanks for the kind words, all! This flashlight was really a pleasure to shoot. You know how it is in the beauty industry: some models are finicky, while others are easy to work with. She was a professional through and through. She arrived early, stripped down quickly, and showed off her cute little dimples for the camera.:crackup:
Jesus...:crackup:...that reminds me of this picture:

hhthinkerstoybyphotonfapg4.jpg

I gotta get one of these deluxe models someday.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was fortunate enough to check this beauty out in person!:naughty:

AMAZING!!!:cool:

010-24.jpg

Thanks again Bruce!

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Totally unfair, DeFabricata - I can clearly tell you're using a UV light to enhance those trits; time for a spankin'.... :whoopin:

Just kidding! That's a phenomenal shot, DeFab. Great job showing both the metal *and* the tritium. Well done! Really makes me think I should buy a UV light one of these days...

Man, this lady's a hussy - she's makin' the rounds! Who's next on her list? ;-)

- FITP