• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Getting in touch with PEAK

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Getting in touch with PEAK. Issue being resolved

I am trying to get in touch with Curt or anyone at PEAK.
I did not want to create a thread but I have called the number on the PEAK website a dozen times with messages, sent a PM to curt but haven't gotten a reply.

Is the number on the PEAK website current? The answering machine message doesn't say the companies name but I am assuming its Robin's voice.

Is there another way to get in touch?
Thanks

Last edited:

DUMDUM

Enlightened
I made a post before that since Peak is almost impossible to get hold of,
that I do most all of their customer service, and I am easy to get hold of
Thanks
Bob

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
Sadly, if we want a custom configured light, it takes a call to Peak. My last call was to Curt and the order never arrived. So... next Peak I get will be from Bob.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I made a post before that since Peak is almost impossible to get hold of,
that I do most all of their customer service, and I am easy to get hold of
Thanks
Bob

I appreciate your reply however this is reguarding a light that I sent into PEAK directly for service. If I called you would you be able to contact them on my behalf? I am fine ordering from you but right now they have my $200 light and I can't get in touch. What do you suggest I do?

icecube

Newly Enlightened
I have had the same thing.

I have been trying to get a tailcap switch for my Caribbean for over a year now.

Phone: No answer.
Email: Nothing.
In Person: Now this was interesting. I got to actually go to Clear Creek, in northern Arizona, just north of Phoenix.

A nice lady at a dental office to the left of Safeway helped me figure out what was going on. 118-249 sounds like a RANGE of suites rented or leased out. But then it doesn't, because most people wouldn't do that. They'd get a larger facility instead: further, most people aren't allowed by district to put manufacturing facilities in a shopping center. But maybe it is their storefront. Okay so let's go down and see what we find.

This is the overhead view of the area. (Credit: Google Inc.)

eca304e3.png

And then I found Suite 118. See where that white car is pulled up to the storefronts near the handicap parking, near the middle adjacent to the silver car?

9c598beb.png

Right. That's a commercial mail receiving agency, like UPS storefronts, Mail Boxes Etc, and so forth. I spoke with a clerk inside, wondering if I could contact the owner of that box. She cited privacy reasons, which for an individual I would fully understand, but for a company (LLC?) it's a bit murky in my eye.

So there you have it. I sent $10 by Postal Money Order, called Robin by phone and had her bill my debit card (never went through), called her back again to have her repeat it (still never got it), sent emails (never replied), tried calling three times while I was there in plain daytime (around noon) and got nothing, AND made a post on CPF (and got nothing, I figured they'd respond here). And visited in person.

For this, I might be forced to take my Caribbean off my EDC duty, and chuck it into a carry bag -- and look for something else that has a 3W module with one 123a (and a tailcap switch: or possibly a 6v one). I NEED a tail cap switch.

Why did I go with Peak in the beginning? Ugh, because they were made in USA? (or so they say)

Oh: And the original Caribbean I had had improper machining threads cut on the head, so it would flicker (Flickr?) if jiggled when turned on. Sent it back, got a replacement, and it has a defect on the lens of the LED. I decided not to send it back, citing increasing difficulty in communication (and figured their QC was a bit lacking).

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm not so sure I'd go so far as to suggest off-shore construction etc. I've had a ton of issues contacting Peak, but overall have had responses eventually. Not timely, but not left hanging forever.

It's a small operation with few people. I don't think they are able to keep up with any kind of demands. Good people, but perhaps it's best dealing with the dealers? I deal with Peak because I'm not in the states and I end up wanting custom stuff.

Overall, nice stuff, just frustrating to deal with.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a great conversation with Curt tonight. Salt of the earth folks. I can assure you the lights are 100% USA made. Yes, communicating with them is challenging, but like Gunga, they should not leave you hanging forever like that. Hopefully Bob will jump in here.

eala

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Eala with both feet glad you got to talk to Curt they are leaving me hanging, I have not talked to them in almost three weeks now.
Bob

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send them an email Bob. Strange you have difficulty as you are directly linked to Peak. Curt should hire an "Ambassador to Peak" that would act as a go to PR person and also keep Bob in the loop a little better. Win/Win with this idea.

gunga

Flashaholic
I forgot to mention, while it has been frustrating, when I have talked to Curt and Robyn, it has been very pleasant and informative.

They need more staff!

Last edited:

icecube

Newly Enlightened
This is making progress. Or not.

While I don't have the time or patience to call Peak every day to try to get through, how can I get what I want?

It's just a simple switch. Send me a PM asking for an address. Throw it in a letter envelope. Stamp it. Out the mail.

Not even a half-hour's worth of time. I'm not being demanding, it's just that simple stuff to maintain your customers means something. Arc Flashlight got their forum pulled for lack of communication and standards.

KROMATICS

Enlightened
In Person: Now this was interesting. I got to actually go to Clear Creek, in northern Arizona, just north of Phoenix.

A nice lady at a dental office to the left of Safeway helped me figure out what was going on. 118-249 sounds like a RANGE of suites rented or leased out. But then it doesn't, because most people wouldn't do that. They'd get a larger facility instead: further, most people aren't allowed by district to put manufacturing facilities in a shopping center. But maybe it is their storefront. Okay so let's go down and see what we find.

This is the overhead view of the area. (Credit: Google Inc.)

eca304e3.png

I had to laugh when I saw this. While on vacation in AZ earlier this year I happened to be in Cave Creek one day so I tried to find them. I ended up in the same Safeway parking lot thinking this can't be right. I wasn't particularly surprised it ended up being a wild goose chase though.

2bits

Newly Enlightened
Send them an email Bob. Strange you have difficulty as you are directly linked to Peak. Curt should hire an "Ambassador to Peak" that would act as a go to PR person and also keep Bob in the loop a little better. Win/Win with this idea.

Heh, this might work if the ambassador is located with Curt. Otherwise, the ambassador might be ignored for three weeks too!

I had to laugh when I saw this. While on vacation in AZ earlier this year I happened to be in Cave Creek one day so I tried to find them. I ended up in the same Safeway parking lot thinking this can't be right. I wasn't particularly surprised it ended up being a wild goose chase though.
Cave Creek is their mailing address, not the location of the business.