SHOT Show 2012: 4Sevens CPF Get Together Date - Cast your Vote!

What day should we host our CPF Get Together?

• Monday Night, Jan 16th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday Night, Jan 17th

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Thursday Night, Jan 19th

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Customerservice@4sevens

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,

We're trying to decide on which day to hold our CPF Get Together out at SHOT 2012. Then we thought, hey, we should just let you guys decide!

We'll let you all know the exact details a little later - where, what - but for now, let's figure out what day would be best for everyone. So, cast your votes, and then we'll pick the day that wins.

-P
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

StuGatz

Enlightened
Apparently too late to vote in the pole but in order of preference I would opt Thursday then Tuesday, FWIW... :)

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everybody -

Sorry we've been pretty swamped these past few weeks getting ready.

So it looks like Tuesday it is. We don't have a venue yet - I'm just thinking perhaps just an informal get together to see everybody - doesn't have to be big or fancy.
Anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at the Dal Toro in the Venetian - maybe we can request the room with all the Lamborghinis - but they may not let us have that room if we don't have enough people.

So who all is free tuesday evening? We won't be able to cover the dinner but we're bringing some titanium goodies so everyone should leave with something shiny :)

-David

Greta

Flashaholic
I've been told I'm cheap... but never free! :eek: ;)

Just tell me where to be and when... I have blocked off Tuesday evening for 4Sevens. One place to check maybe? There is a little restaurant upstairs at Imperial Palace called Quesadilla. Here is a link to the place. The food is VERY good and the opportunity for 'wardrobe malfunction" for the waitresses is very GOOD!... for those of you who are into that kind of stuff... :rolleyes:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been told I'm cheap... but never free! :eek: ;)

Just tell me where to be and when... I have blocked off Tuesday evening for 4Sevens. One place to check maybe? There is a little restaurant upstairs at Imperial Palace called Quesadilla. Here is a link to the place. The food is VERY good and the opportunity for 'wardrobe malfunction" for the waitresses is very GOOD!... for those of you who are into that kind of stuff... :rolleyes:

Do you think they can handle 50 people? If I recall it's a small place. We may have to book the whole place lol.

Greta

Flashaholic
Do you think they can handle 50 people? If I recall it's a small place. We may have to book the whole place lol.

50 people would definately fill the whole place... but do we have that many? Only 14 have responsded so far for the logistics thread. I'm thinking that with last minute and such, we may top out at 25? 30 tops? Got your emails... Not so sure that would be a good idea unless there are 50 confirmed.

MrMom

Enlightened
I phoned the Quesadilla to inquire about seating. They have an answerning machine and I am awaiting a call back. Quesadilla web page, Quesadilla menu PDF

Also at the IP is Hash House a Go Go. This was featured on the show 'Man vs Food'. It is best known for the breakfast menu, not for the dinners.
Photos
Dinner menu

With advance reservations they told me that they can accommodate our group.

Other thoughts?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about something fancier? I just talked to the manager at Dal Toro (http://www.daltoro.com/)
The upper room is open - we'd be having a buffet style dinner surrounded exotic cars.
It's kind of pricey but we can subsidize some of it. The trick is we would need 50 to commit (meaning I'd have to pay for the whole shebang) to the event to make it work.
If we subsidize it - it'll be $40 per person - rsvp with $40 - is it too much?

-David

Greta

Flashaholic
David... KC and I would be in for $40 each. I do like the whole idea... atmosphere, etc. But like you said.... the trick.... :shrug:

Mom... the Hash House is nice too and they really do have great food! :thumbsup:

SikDMAX

Newly Enlightened
Im definitely in for something like a nice $40 a piece dinner, but it doesnt seem like the numbers of people are here to support it. Ill be posting in the RSVP thread now. Thanks again!

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I ate at the Hash House a Go Go for breakfast a couple times when I was at SHOT Show 2006, and the food was good, as Greta said, but I only had breakfast items.

My brother and I can be there at Dal Toro at $40 each, but, to be honest, we'd be spending that much on dinner only because it's a CPF gathering. That is a bit steep, and eats into our flashlight funds. Based on the responses I've seen so far (~20), I don't think we have the numbers that would guarantee you $2000 ($40 x 50 people) back in your hand that night, but this is your call. If this is where your gathering is, we'll be there, and we'll enjoy the food and the company.

Meganoggin

Enlightened
I'm up for anything, Dal Toro looks really nice, but getting 50 people who all want to spend $40 on dinner maybe difficult.

If you want some other suggestions, there is the Burger Joint in the Flamingo or KGB in Harrahs, both are upscale burger restaurants.

I ate at the Quesadilla last year and the food was very good, but it isn't a fancy place at all.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Of course lowering the cost by 25% should help. (I'm in at $40 per head.) But if only 20-25 CPFers are even coming to the SHOT Show (and, when I checked this morning, that was the number I counted), you're not going to get 50 people to commit to coming and paying $40 (or $30, if you go that way) each. Now, maybe we've got some lurkers or Johnny-come-latelies who will pledge their attendance at the last minute, but that's how the numbers looked to me this morning.

Plus, if you lowered the cost per head, I'd feel more guilty, because you're already spending a boatload of $$$ to hand out samples of your product, plus reserve the room/area, and here my whining is helping to influence you to shell out even more money for this event. Like I said earlier, if this is where your gathering is, we'll be there, and we'll have a wonderful time enjoying the food and the company. And, apparently, I was the only one who said that $40 for a meal was a bit steep, so you spending an extra $500 for the one person who said anything about the price seems like a bad idea to me, too.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok - it's official :) I just booked Dal Toro. We'll be covering a little more than half the ticket so entry is $30 :)
RSVP will be greatly appreciated by if someone wants to come last minute thats fine too! We'll have someone at the door checking people in with name stickers and taking $30 cash or credit :)

More details to come.