wifey gave me the green light

fishndad

Enlightened
:twothumbsits our 11th anniversary and my honey loves what she got.
now its my turn :naughty: sorry for not using the sticky cuz i just want a new EDC
Here we go.

1. $150 or less
2. new or used exellent condition only!
3. 2x123s or single 18650
4. pocket clip prefer screw on type but clip on will do
5. also must slide into pocket well enough (no turbo heads,no tactical grips)
6. slick, no excessive knurling
7. prefer natural metal polished or flat

8. i got this pic from one of our machinists.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAAABI/X8b2kdUXr4Y/s144/my dream edc.jpg

Last edited:

waxycap

Newly Enlightened
I say go with what's in the pic. (whatever that is. lol)

Daekar

Enlightened
How about a Shiningbeam S-mini or a Fenix PD32? Both are small, 250+ lumens, and 18650 powered. Both have pocket clips as well, although not the screw-on kind.

Of course you could get a Surefire 6P, a good dropin from the Buy/Sell/Trade section, and use the polymer holster that Surefire sells. Should come in just under $150, and is a great start in one of the most capable plaforms out there.

Stol3n

Newly Enlightened
this one really has my interest at the moment.

EagleTac-D25LC2-Mini-Clicky-1_2.jpg

tubed

Enlightened
First Post - I clearly am no expert but I was given a Surefire G2X Pro Dual output for christmas. Simple, rugged, slides in pocket, very good throw for such a small light yet has a nice low setting for walking around the house at night. I never regularly carried a flashlight but am using this more and more. Has come way down in price since i bought it from around $100 to more like $65 (you could get 2!). It's the light that launched me onto this site ---looking for bigger versions.

fishndad

Enlightened
thanks but i went with quark1232 turbo x,quark aa2 x,and jetbeam pc10.
little over $150 but they were all looking so good.
and the pc10 actually fits the bill.:devil:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The wife gave you permission to buy a light, aren't you lucky :ironic:

:thumbsup:

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You did great, and never put flashlights ahead of the wife. Sounds as if she also puts you first. That is the way to have a lifetime marriage. Also, maybe a lot of flashlights.:):)
Jerry

tubed

Enlightened
RE the jetbeam PC10. that looks very good, and seems to have more lumens than my Surefire. There's a review on Amazon by someone who claims that you get different setting options (high, low ,strobe, etc) based on whether you use rechargeable cr123a's or disposible.
That sounds odd. let us know how it goes. I might get one.

fishndad

Enlightened
well i cant tell with my 44yr old eyes.i run rcr's for cost savings.
this light however,the pocket clip as reviewed by others,is in a strangh spot.it will instantly rub off
the coloring.i have the rrt01 and i love that light, very easy to use,i highly recommend it.costs $30 more though.

fishndad

Enlightened
sorry, to answer your question. you can use both types and still access all modes h,l,sos,strobe and turbo on mine. i did have to
adjust spring ring in tailcap for the rcr's. it kept turning off when switching back and forth from tihgt to loose on head.

tubed

Enlightened
thanks but i went with quark1232 turbo x,quark aa2 x,and jetbeam pc10.
little over $150 but they were all looking so good.
and the pc10 actually fits the bill.:devil:

I checked out those other lights and I think I know why you didn't go with the Quark turbo --- It has to have one of the most complex UIs out there. I can't believe anyone likes that. Changing settings involves many steps with different parts. I could never remember. Other than that I like those quarks a lot. A similar light (price and qualities) with a simpler UI would be just what I need

fishndad

Enlightened
I checked out those other lights and I think I know why you didn't go with the Quark turbo --- It has to have one of the most complex UIs out there. I can't believe anyone likes that. Changing settings involves many steps with different parts. I could never remember. Other than that I like those quarks a lot. A similar light (price and qualities) with a simpler UI would be just what I need
no tubed i got all three.not sure if you missed that based on your responce.
but your right interface not so great,but i picked it up cuz goingear had it on sale.
the bc10 i like alot.thanks

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's actually really simple, with the head tight you loosen and tighten the head four times pause for a couple seconds wait for the light to blink and the light is now in program mode cycle trough all the output modes by clicking the switch, when you find one you like you just stop and leave it turned on for 10 seconds it will blink and then it always remembers that output when the head is tight. Simple right?

You also have a mode you can program when the head is loose, this time starting with the head loose you tighten then loosen the head 4 times and on the last twist leave the head loose pause wait for the blink now your in program mode again now cycle through the modes, find the output you like leave the light on 10 seconds it will flash and it will remember that output mode.

So to go over it one more time you have a light with a total of 8 output's to choose from (5 constant output and 3 blinky modes), you choose your two favorite outputs and put one in the head loose position and the other when the head is tight. With the light turned on twist the head back and forth 4 times, pause wait for the blink then click the switch to cycle through all the modes choose one, then leave the light on for ten seconds wait for a blink and the output is now saved.

Have you ever had a light with two brightness levels, a lower mode when the head is loose and high when the head is tight? That is about as simple as it gets besides a single mode light, the Quarks are really no different except you can choose the brightness setting one the head loose and head tight position by simply twisting the head 4 times, wait for the blink then choose your brightness level by clicking the switch, wait ten seconds wait for another blink and your set.

I understand sometimes a programmable light can sound confusing when you read the instructions online but when you get the light in your hand it's all to simple , Zebralight is a good example, very easy but can seem confusing if you just read about it online . Now on the other hand their are some light's that ARE as confusing as it reads online and require some patience and practice like HDS but honestly most are very easy and require just a few minutes to master even for those without a lot of flashlight experience.

I hope that helps because I remember when I first got into programmable light's which seemed kind of complex and then I got a couple and thought wow I was worried for nothing. That's also why you have your fellow CPF members, if you ever get stumped never sweat it out we are always here. We do a great job of working through things especially say if a new light comes out and I'm not certain about something, I know without a doubt I can ask others to help me look into it and we quickly come up with some kind of resolution.

CPF is way better than an instruction manual or trying to call a manufacture for help.

tubed

Enlightened
It's actually really simple, with the head tight you loosen and tighten the head four times pause......... .

Thanks jhc. yeah, what you say makes sense because so many folks on CPF recommend Quarks. If it trully was a nightmarish UI, it probably wouldn't get so many thumbs up.
You have to admit though..... reading that description out loud to someone sounds almost comical.
I just posted another thread where i'm looking for a light like the Quark 123 - need to meet some other specs too, however. but I might end up owing one.