Thanks for the help..Got the fenix PD3

sid2

Newly Enlightened
I decided to spring for the PD3-CE instead of the WE 9TX. Ordered it last Monday from the Fenix store and got it on Thursday! Great service. Here are my thoughts on the light. This thing for the size is bright! The throw is really good also. However on mine the color is a little purple and things look a little strange in this purple cast. I haven't decided whether I can live with this or not.Also I wish you could turn it on and have it start up at the last level in which you turned it off.Cycling though to find the right level is a little irritating.All in all it seems to be a great light.Like someone else said though, you'll probably end up with both and they are right.I will be trying the WE 9TX. I hope I don't fall into that never ending vortex of searching for the perfect light...LOL

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
purple isnt normal? and if you want turbo and strobe twist the head all the way down till its snug to get the high setting you want

carrot

Flashaholic
Having colored tint variation is normal in LEDs. In power LEDs such as Cree and Luxeon there is a more pronounced variation than in low power LEDs like the venerable 5mm. You will probably get used to it, depending on how bad it is. I usually cannot discern tint unless I compare LEDs vs. one another.

AWGD8

Newly Enlightened
Why don`t you just get a WE DEFENDER DIGITAL - a model after WE defender 2. No more turning the bezel just point and click.
Comes in CREE 170 LUMEN with option to chose either

1 mode ,

2 mode HI/STROBE

or 4 modes HI/MED/LOW/STROBE.

This is what MIKE S @ PTS says:

The Defender we will be selling is the Defender Digital and not the Defender II.
The Defender Digital is the next evolution. The difference is the Defender II uses a bezel rotation to change from high to low and the new Digital operates by pressing the rear button so it's truly a one handed operation.

We should have everything by mid next week!

sid2

Newly Enlightened
Will that light have a purple cast also? Answering to qip, Turbo is not the output I use most of the time. The output I use most of the time is the highest one before you get to the sos signal.I would like to turn the light off and then when I turn it back on it will be at the same level.Can this be done with the PD3?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
no when in general it starts at low ,no last mode memory

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Fenix P3D work like the Fenix P2D? The P2D can start in either high or low. If you want it start in high you keep the end twisted tight. If you want it to start in low you keep the end a little looser.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
they are the same Lxd P2/3d same types switching