A question about chargers for CR123

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
I am very interested in the EagleTac T20C2 for my mountain bike, because I need that the cars see me when I go in the streets at night (I use my LD10 in the helmet). Also I will use it to enter me in the world of the flashlights with CR123 batteries (very difficult to find in my country). My only concern are the batteries and the charger. I saw this charger in Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/9575871979/?tag=cpf0b6-20

But some people speak about malfunctions and poor runtime in flashlights. Someone has tested this charger or he knows one similar that can also be connected to a 12V car cigarette lighter? This is very important to me, because I intend to use it to leave camping and to connect it to a solar panel (in the next months I will go to my third trip to the desert and NEED this option) and in a quick search in the forum I did not find an answer to this characteristic.

Thanks in advance. Greetings from Chile.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
What batteries do you need ?

I would recommend RCR123A / 4.2v fully charged ..
Will the EagleTac T20C2 handle 8.4v ?

As for the charger .. Maybe the Trustfire TR-001 , but if you plan on going Solar , then the Shekor charger has a nice voltage input range , like maybe a 18v 300mA panel might do the job with RCR123A batteries .

If the body can handle 18650 you may wish to consider 18350 batteries , as they have a little more capacity than the best 16340 .

shark_za

Enlightened
My 16340 charger could not take the 18350's so I had to machine spacers for my 14500 one.
Bonus is I use the same spacers for charging 14500/18500 on a 18650 charger now.
If you get a charger with adjustable sizes then fine, just beware.

The 18350's also demand some more understanding and care being unprotected.
They are working really well in my Seraph with 6v-13v LF dropin.
Just working out when they are depleted is my current mission.

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the answers.

I would recommend RCR123A / 4.2v fully charged ..
Will the EagleTac T20C2 handle 8.4v ?

I don't know, the description only says 2 CR123A, but I am very interested in the Shekor charger, your information and description of the product was a big help for me (recently I have just seen your review). I have a Brunton Solar 6 solar panel, 12 V 480 mAh and should function well with the charger. Now I need a new solar panel for my Targus charger, but this is another theme.

Which battery and of what brand recommend me for this flashlight, CR123A or 18650?

Thanks again. This is a wonderful community of people that shares its knowledge.

Last edited: