Video output help.

JacobJones

Enlightened
I know this isn't anything to do with flashlights but i am hoping some of you who have had experience with diy projectors and stuff might have some knowledge on this.

Bit of background information first. I found my old gameboy advance in the attic the other day and started playing with it, trouble is that my mp3 player has a better screen than this thing, the GBA has some potential that is wasted with the original screen. So I'm working out how to modify it to display the image on a television screen, i have no prior experience with this sort of thing but I reckon it doesn't need to be as expensive and complicated as other people have made it.

Anyway first question, if I send an RGB signal to my television will it be able to display the image?
I can get an RGB to PAL converter if I need to.

Also is it as simple as soldering the 16 video wires going to the gameboy screen to 1 composite cable?

I've never done anything like this before so I'd be very grateful for any help, suggestions or questions.

I know there are devices available that just plug into the gameboy and the tv but they're hard to find and unrealistically expensive.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most would just play using an emulator on their PC/tablet/phone.

Google: gameboy advance emulator