Need direction for 2 lights, pocket LED, and monster LED

deckofficer

Newly Enlightened
Simple request for this forum of experts from a newbe. One flashlight for pocket, as much brightness as current technology permits, run time can be very short at highest setting. Would like switchable output levels. For the second light, can be large and heavy, but needs switchable brightness that is the best of any commercially available. Price, bang for the buck is good, but willing to pay more for the best of both lights.<br>
<br>
Thank you all,<br>
<br>
Bob

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the pocketable light the Zebralight Sc600 or the Sunwayman V10r titanium ;)

As for a monster light the Fenix TK70 or the Jetbeam RRT3 3XML are both very well built, multiple modes and crazy bright

awenta

Enlightened
Depends if you want crazy bright in throw or crazy bright in flood. I like the Olight SR90 for a big light. Too many options to recommend a small one without some more details.

awenta

Enlightened
You never responded if you wanted throw or flood. The big bruiser is bright but a lot of flood because it is 3 emitters. It has about 12000 lux while the 1000 lumen EDC has 6000.

No worries, you won't be disappointed by anything Wayne makes.

deckofficer

Newly Enlightened
No worries, you won't be disappointed by anything Wayne makes.

I'm sure I won't, as this is my only experience with LED, a back up light I fabricated for my Track-T.
DSC013881014x760.jpg

DSC013861014x760.jpg

DSC001021014x760.jpg

deckofficer

Newly Enlightened
@CarpentryHero ,

Sounds like you might be into open air, open wheel, roadsters? In your neck of the woods, probably a pretty short cruising season. I think the Big Bruiser I just ordered will fit into my little fabricated glove box under the speedo/tach gauges. What is your
knowledgeable opinion of the Bruiser? Did I do right for my first foray into high powered flashlights?

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, ElectroLumens makes awesome lights and the BigBruiser with the three XML's is truly a monster yet very nice size.
If you find yourself near Edmonton I'd love to see your car :D
I've always been fascinated with the open wheels. Truly a work of art as far as car designs go

Last edited:

deckofficer

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the thread drift, I'll be more careful in the future. I ordered my batteries and charger at the same time I ordered my Big Bruiser from Wayne. Charger and batteries (from a different vendor) came in Monday of last week. I got an email from Wayne on Thursday telling me he shipped my light to the wrong person, so still waiting for my "Bruiser" to share some performance pictures with you good folks.