Will the UK LC100 run with 8aa 2500nimh?

dc

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
Currently i'm thinking of buying a cheap hid to play ard with and the uk seems to be the most affordable. I have these sanyo 1AA-C adapter and is thinking will the LC100 light up with 8 of this. I would think so given there are folks who run theirs with C nimh but just want the opinion of the experts in this forum. Also, if anybody does did that, wht runtime can i expect from running it with 8 AA 2500nimh?

Thanks,
Daniel

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi DC, short answer is yes. There was another chap here on the forums who ran his with AAs as well. I think they were mere 1800mAh and he got about 1hr. He didn't even have any fancy adaptors, just used a bit of PVC pipe. I'll just run a search for you...

Gosh, it's taking longer than I expected. Will try to get back with this.

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
After hours of searching, (ok, so I spent some time re-reading old threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ), I've finally found the one I was looking for.

Check out illumigeek's second post.

2300mAh NiMH AA cells. Just under 2hrs run time. Therefore, you should be getting close to 2hrs with 2500mAh.

dc

Newly Enlightened
Hey Steelwolf,
Thks for the reply and also the link /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. My first hid the LC100 shall be. I will be trying it out once i got this month paycheck.

Rgrds,
Daniel

dc

Newly Enlightened
Ok. I just got this question i wanna ask. Does the LC100, when compare to a SF P90 or even a P91, brighter and more flooding. Sorry, hid is not cheap on my side and i just got to made sure it doesn't turn out dimmer than my brightest incan and this will also be my most expensive light to date.

Thanks,
Daniel

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe how lucky you are...

Ask and ye shall receive.

Check out this link.

Somewhere further down there is a beam shot of the LC100 and a P91. He doesn't explicitly say so, but I think jtivat has fixed the exposure rate for all the shots, so the P91 is dimmer than the LC100 at 150'. How's that?

dc

Newly Enlightened
Wow, u r my saviour. Thks for the answer and the comparative shot. I should search more next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Regarding the price, the UK main distributor sell direct here and at a cut throat price for UK stuff. The LC cost ard usd$230 here and though i could get a cheaper price on the net but figure in the shipping and i dun really save much. Well, i digging into every penny i have for my first hid and sure hope to invest into 1 that is worthwhile.

Lastly, does the LC output area flood like say, a SF L2 or even a UK4aaled? I dun really care abt giant throw but i like my light to shine a big path infront of me while i walking ard.

How abt u Steelwolf? U liking yr LC so far. Any complaints? To me, the biggest attractiveness of the LC is the price, diving capability and the ability to munch cheap aa nimh.

Many thanks,
Daniel

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you haven't done so, check out www.brightguy.com

He was last selling the LC100 at US$170. That's US$60 saved. I don't think shipping will eat too much in to that. I'm sure he will say if he can beat that US$230 including shipping.

Unfortunately, I don't have either the SF L2 or the UK 4AA eLED to compare. Chalk it down to a moment of strength/weakness. When I was last in SG, I was ready to plonk down some money at Aqua n Leisure in Marina Sq for a UK miniQ40 eLED and a Nuwai 5W (the one that has 3 output levels and uses 2 CR123 cells). But for some strange reason, I stopped myself. Now, kicking myself ever so slightly, but justifying it with the possible purchase of the upcoming Rayzorlite.

I need my lights to be at least dunkable, if not outright dive capable, so I'm actually quite pleased with the LC100. Since I don't have any of the lights you mentioned to compare the beam to, I think I can best compare it to a LuxV with an IMS20 reflector (but much brighter of course). Bright, fairly tight hotspot which flows out smoothly to a good spill. Definitely not your tightly collimated beam, but also not totally flat like the KL4. Hope that helps.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a fixed exposure so you could see the real difference in output. I have never understood beam shots on auto focus, everything will look the same, as any good camera will fix the exposure. I do understand that your eyes will do this also so the difference in real life is not as dramatic but the LC100 does beat the P91 by a large margin.

dc

Newly Enlightened
Well, i get a quote from brightguy and they want $81 for shipping the LC100 together with the lantern grip. I guess local is the way to go for me.
Thanks for all the help rendered, esp. steelwolf. I have really learnt alot about the LC on this thread.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rgrds,
Daniel