I need a job light- Checklist inside

Art_vandeley

Newly Enlightened
1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
____I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

____Less than $100.

3) Format:

____I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

____Every day carry medium (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:

____I don't know.

6) Manufacturer:

____I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

____I intend to use lithium primary batteries (CR123, CR2, Energizer Advanced/Ultimate Lithium AA/AAA)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

____I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

____5-20 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).
____90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.
____Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box)

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):
____I want a tail mounted switch (found on the majority of today's high end lights).

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
____I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)
____I want a programmable light.
____I want a strobe mode. (Blinks to show location.)
____I don't care.

14)Material/Finish/Coating
____I don't care.

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.
____Pocket/belt clip, or sheath
____Non-sparking Intrinsically Safe (IS) for use in explosive environments (not a must, but would be nice)

For those that don`t want to read the checklist, I need a light for work. I work on an LNG (Liquid natural gas) Ferry as an engineer. I need a light for lighting up all those dark corners. I`d want a pocket clip. I wear working pants or an overall most of the time, a belt seath would be uncomfortable. Clicky is a must, and I`d like to use rechargeble batteries.

rambo180

Enlightened
is it a plane? no. is it superman? no. is it a bird? YES! a pelican. checkout the website. the make a range of flashlights that won't cause the surrounding flammable gasses to ignite when you click your clicky.

rambo180

Enlightened
is it a plane? no. is it superman? no. is it a bird? YES! a pelican. checkout the website. the make a range of flashlights that won't cause the surrounding flammable gasses to ignite when you click your clicky.

try this thread. its about intrinsically safe flashlights.

"
[h=2]Help! Cannot find this specific flashlight!"[/h]