Pelican 7060 mini Review

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Pelican 7060 was delivered yesterday by the minion in brown from UPS, (thanks Russianesq). I opened up the box and put it in the charger. I used the light intermittently during my midnight shift. First impression, this light throws like a gangbusters. It has a nice bright corona with allot of usable side spill. The 2 switches work fantastically. I found the light fits perfectly in a Bianchi Accumould open baton pouch that I already had on my duty belt. I tried shinning the light through some dark tinted windows on a Government van and the light went through the tinted windows no problem. Tint of the Cree XRE led was nice and white no hint of blue. Overall I'm very impressed with this light. I think LAPD and Pelican designed a winner. I'll try and take some beam shots at the golf course driving range in the next couple of days and post them. I'm going to be carrying this light on duty so thanks Pelican for a great light.

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks depusm12 for the 'real world' impressions of this neat, new light. It sounds like an excellent tool for field work. Now, if it will hold up well to daily use, it just might become a new standard.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I forgot to add the switches could be recessed a little bit more to prevent accidental activation. Pelican are you listening?

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO it's a very well made, well thought out light that I'm currently using as my duty light on midnight shift. The only things that could be improved are the switches could be slightly more recessed and the finish could be slightly more textured it feels somewhat slick to me. Other than that it's a fantastic light that would be a great duty light for any LEO.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes as I try to put the light into the pouch I hit the button and it comes on momentary but other than that no. Also I am not using the standard pouch that came with it. I'm using a Bianchi Accumould (nylon) open baton pouch for my Pelican 7060 fits just fine. Hope this helps.

mike58520

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes as I try to put the light into the pouch I hit the button and it comes on momentary but other than that no. Also I am not using the standard pouch that came with it. I'm using a Bianchi Accumould (nylon) open baton pouch for my Pelican 7060 fits just fine. Hope this helps.

What size baton do you carry? I'm trying to figure out how to carry my 7060 but they don't seem to make proper holders yet. Your method seems like the best I've heard of so far but I just want to make sure I buy the right sized pouch.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
What size baton do you carry? I'm trying to figure out how to carry my 7060 but they don't seem to make proper holders yet. Your method seems like the best I've heard of so far but I just want to make sure I buy the right sized pouch.

Actually IIRC it was a pouch I had for a 21 inch ASP that I carried when I was active duty Navy Law Enforcement. But I think any of the Accumold open top pouches should work. If possible take the light with you to your local police supply shop and try out the various Accumold baton pouches.

mike58520

Newly Enlightened
Actually IIRC it was a pouch I had for a 21 inch ASP that I carried when I was active duty Navy Law Enforcement. But I think any of the Accumold open top pouches should work. If possible take the light with you to your local police supply shop and try out the various Accumold baton pouches.

Thanks for the help.