Guess my weight!?

Vernon

Enlightened
I could probably google this, but I think it's more fun to hear from the experts here. Which of Mac's lights weigh the most/least?

If I had to place them in the following order - heaviest to lightest - my guess would be:

1. Brass
2. Copper
3. Ti
4. Aluminum

Am I right? If you own all of Mac's metals, feel free to post the exact weight of each. This is an important aspect for pocket carry for me.

Thanks!

dy5

Newly Enlightened
Assuming all the lights you're comparing have the same amount of metal, the order would be: (densities in kilograms per cubic meter)
copper 8940
brass 8400-8700
titanium 4500
aluminum 2712

Last edited:

Vernon

Enlightened
Nice.

Let's just assume the Tri EDC for this one. Anybody have exact weights, by chance?

fyrstormer

Banned
Copper is denser than brass. Assuming all the internal parts are the same (e.g. single-use batteries weigh less than rechargeables), the order will be Copper, Brass, Titanium, Aluminum. However, with the big chunk of brass in the light engine pill, and a fairly dense RCR18350 battery in the tube, the difference in the weight of the thin hollow shell alone is not going to be as significant as you think. Better to make the choice based on durability and appearance.