32,500 Lumen Acebeam X80GT

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

This is the new 2018 version of the X80. For a light you could jacket pocket carry it's darn impressive.

What do you think, is the extra power a benefit or do you prefer the colors option?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I never understood the color LED's anyway. Good ridence!
IMO, the next advancement needs to address active heat management. Slapping more LED's onto too small a flashlight isn't usable progress.
Obviously, any active method is going to usurp battery power from the light, so there is lots of room for brilliant minds to make active heat management efficient enough to be practical.
Yes, high lumens are fun. I know because I've been buying high output modded lights from Vinh for a few years. But, I would like to have even more fun.
The really great thing about high lumen flashlights is that they can replace your toaster oven while taking up much less space on the counter. [emoji6]

markr6

Flashaholic

I literally skip reading any further on new lights when I see the mention of colors. It just has no purpose for me at all.

175°F! I can't believe it!

koenigsegg

Newly Enlightened
IMO, the next advancement needs to address active heat management. Slapping more LED's onto too small a flashlight isn't usable progress.
Obviously, any active method is going to usurp battery power from the light, so there is lots of room for brilliant minds to make active heat management efficient enough to be practical.
Yes, high lumens are fun. I know because I've been buying high output modded lights from Vinh for a few years. But, I would like to have even more fun.
The really great thing about high lumen flashlights is that they can replace your toaster oven while taking up much less space on the counter. [emoji6]

Are heatpipes an option?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I literally skip reading any further on new lights when I see the mention of colors. It just has no purpose for me at all.

175°F! I can't believe it!

I agree that visible colors serve no purpose. But, didn't the previous version have a UV emitter? IMO, that would sometimes be useful. Okay, maybe not in a 32000 lumen light, but in a smaller light I like the idea of both a white LED and a UV LED.

markr6

Flashaholic
I agree that visible colors serve no purpose. But, didn't the previous version have a UV emitter? IMO, that would sometimes be useful. Okay, maybe not in a 32000 lumen light, but in a smaller light I like the idea of both a white LED and a UV LED.

I would be OK with that. I actually purchased two exclusive UV lights in the past.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
Don't know. Maybe CO2 cartridge filled with liquid nitrogen? That's why I said "brilliant minds" not "my mind." LOL

The realproblem is circuitry and the lack of superconducting materials in the driver, yes the LEDs produce heat, but 50% or more could be 100% solved by obsidian superconducting drive or even gold, platinum, or man-made diamond which is actually a hyper-conductor which has zero heat transfer unlike others that can't be made chemically pure.
Also,
The Acebeam x80 gt really does have better heat venting with I believe either an air-cooled convection system or a fan, I think just a preshure-convection system special curves which amplify the speed of natural air convection in the light).
And CO2 alone could help cool the light, liquid nitrogen wouldn't work so to liedenfrost effect and potentially burning your skin from the steam.
Cooler-running but still cheap obsidian superconducting material and cooler running LED bottleneck issues are the goal for now. The from there water cooling or something, but this light I like much as a 1 or 4k lumen lamp-type light.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
32,500 L. :eek:oo:

Although I am not part of the lumens race, I do give it the nod of respect it has earned.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

This is the new 2018 version of the X80. For a light you could jacket pocket carry it's darn impressive.

What do you think, is the extra power a benefit or do you prefer the colors option?
It cant stay in 30+k for long.

nitebrite

Enlightened
They have one now on their website that is 60,000 lumens! The thing is, is this for real? I am kind of guessing it is. What does it run for, 10 seconds lol. There need to be advancements in technology before they go do this IMO.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have one now on their website that is 60,000 lumens! The thing is, is this for real? I am kind of guessing it is. What does it run for, 10 seconds lol. There need to be advancements in technology before they go do this IMO.
That's insane.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where on their website says that? I still see 32k

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
What is the truth regarding the lumens on the X80GT?

Factory's web site says 32,500
I have read others say it's really around 27,000

louieatienza

Newly Enlightened
I notice with a lot of these mega-powered flashlights, there is gripeabout the actual run time at its highest settings. Thinking about it, however, I don't see it as an issue. For me, running in a lower power setting, and only using turbo, or turbo plus, when necessary, then going back to a more normal setting, makes a lot of sense. Or at least, more sense to me.

JimAShaw

Newly Enlightened
I notice with a lot of these mega-powered flashlights, there is gripeabout the actual run time at its highest settings. Thinking about it, however, I don't see it as an issue. For me, running in a lower power setting, and only using turbo, or turbo plus, when necessary, then going back to a more normal setting, makes a lot of sense. Or at least, more sense to me.

That is exactly how I would use the light. In fact, I just ordered the X80GT from Vinh of Skylumen an hour ago making the light a X80GTvn