Your Favorite Surefire Frankenlight

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I'm looking for inspiration for a new Surefire, but I don't want something just off the shelf. One of the best features of Surefires is how modular they are.

So what is your favorite (fully drop-in) Surefire Frankenlight? Post pics if you have them.

Me: My new KL1-BK on an E1E-BK body with an E2D clickie. This is a great little light with the F04 beam shaper.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's Dr. Frankenstein's kit for the C3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

image017a.jpg

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Id love to have a nice set like that. About 300$ all together I am guessing?

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Leukos,

Would you mind writing a list of everything in your C3 case of wonders. I think I recognize most of it.

Thanks,
Matt

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC1 and SC2 with spare P91, N2 (?) and cells, LOTC and unidentified black tailcap, red and IR (?) beamfilter, KT-2 T-head with unidentified cover, C3 HA with clickie, lanyard ring and another unidentified beamcover.
Dang, that is sweet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm rather low tech. A black G2 body with a Garrity clickie switch transplant and a Chopped LUX3 KL3.

It's rather head heavy, and would almost certainly be killer on a 3x123 aluminum tube, but it's what I have.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty close, kongfuchicken!
Mags, closer to $650!

It's a SF HA C3 with Z58 clickie, KT2 HA turbohead, A19 HA, A14, SC1, SC2, FM34 beamshaper, FM35 red filter, FM36 blue filter, FM24 beamshaper, P90(x2), P91, N2(x2), MN60(x2), N62, 4 Pila 150s and 12 CR123a, lanyard and green tritium glow ring, new photon freedom (mounted inside lid to light up the case), Pelican 1200 case. The green glow that comes from the case makes me think of one of Dr. Frankenstein's inventions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
kt1-10.jpg

Sold the Turbohead though, and the A19 got an Extreme Makeover and turned HA3 in the process. (third party re-anodizing work)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup the 6P went back to the way it was originally, just two cells and a P61 in it. It's the BOB light at the moment. The A19 is hiding in a drawer. That pic was largely taken to show how strange a mix of SF colors can be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Whoa, now that is cool! AluminumOvercast what is the beam like from the X200 head? How does it compare to the KL1? Have any beam shots for your X2E? What do you mean by E2D "tip?"

Nice combo. Keep 'em coming!

matthewdanger

Enlightened
AluminumOvercast's post reminds me... I need to name this little bugger. Has anyone already named the KL1/E1E body/E2D tail combo? I am sure someone else runs this combo; it is similar to the "TW4."

Size15's

Flashaholic
The X2E features an X200A bezel on the base section of a KL4 bezel (which is why the diameters do not match up 100%)
So the beams are the same. The X2E is significantly more rare than the bezel PK has given to some of his friends:
See Don's here:
hat-cave.jpg

It is an X200A bezel with KL1 optic (driven like twice as hard as the KL1) and the bezel component diameter now match.

Shelby refers to the "crenelated bezel ring" from the E2d and how he has managed to swap it with the ring on the KL4. So basically he's created a L4d

From a "Franken" SureFire how about a TurboHead on a Millennium Series Handgun WeaponLight?
A 1911 type handgun would be one of the few types of handgun large enough to even attempt to use this combination!!

See here for a photo I found (I don't recall the author though)

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
After I bought my first SF, a 6R in the late '80's, it soon became a 6P and later I extended it to 9P config. Along the way I scratch built a tailcap-less body for 2 cells which was a head-twisty with shortened springs on the LA.

I think it was around '90 that the very bright Panasonic 5mm blue LED'd made the rear cover of Digikey's catalog at ~$6.50 each. I got to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif and built this thing. A couple years ago after finding CPF, I got rid of the 7-blue rear engine and made a 4-Nichia for it and threw in a P91. The LA is in series when the LED's are on. The LED's are obviously not in series when the P91's cooking. The neck lanyard attaches to a spring-loaded clamp so I can carry it with either end pointed down. It's a little under 6.5" long. Frankenlight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

site1101.jpg

Larry