My New Malkoff Projects

Gene43

Enlightened
First of all, I truly appreciate all the support and kind words I've received on my Mag Mods. I apologize that I had to raise the price so much lately, but I had to do something to slow down the orders. I'm a one man operation and with a wife and 2 kids I was having no time for them. That and the fact that I don't believe in just throwing things together. I like to build them right.

That said some of the new projects I'm working on are:

1.) A Surefire P-60 style dropin that will generate in excess of 200 lumen and still maintain 1-2 hour runtime.

2.) A Mag dropin version of my current Mag Mod setup. It will have the 900-1000ma output and be fully heatsinked. It should work in 2-5 D cell lights. A C sized version may not be possible.

3.) A 3 Led version of my current Mag Mod. The driver is capable of outputting 2100ma. It should be a real screamer approaching the 600 lumen output range.

I hope these are of interest:) .

Thanks, Gene Malkoff

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 & 3 look interesting get some pics and details of how you will do that

lumenal

Enlightened
Wow Gene, I'd really be interested in these products. And you can bet most everyone else will be also!

I just checked your site and holy smokes! I should have ordered from you when you had pics of Maggie the dog and the "high-tech" lab on the Action Shots!
smile.gif
(I couldn't decide whether to send or buy a new host; snooze you lose!)

Keep up the excellent work, and looking forward to more of your modifications.
popcorn.gif

Last edited:

Daekar

Enlightened
2 and 3 more definitely are screaming for my wallet's attention...

as for 1, when you say P-60, do you mean an incandescent drop-in? Or an LED drop-in similar to the ones available for P-60 lights? :)

Enlightened
Gene43 said:
First of all, I truly appreciate all the support and kind words I've received on my Mag Mods. I apologize that I had to raise the price so much lately, but I had to do something to slow down the orders. I'm a one man operation and with a wife and 2 kids I was having no time for them. That and the fact that I don't believe in just throwing things together. I like to build them right.

That said some of the new projects I'm working on are:

1.) A Surefire P-60 style dropin that will generate in excess of 200 lumen and still maintain 1-2 hour runtime.

2.) A Mag dropin version of my current Mag Mod setup. It will have the 900-1000ma output and be fully heatsinked. It should work in 2-5 D cell lights. A C sized version may not be possible.

3.) A 3 Led version of my current Mag Mod. The driver is capable of outputting 2100ma. It should be a real screamer approaching the 600 lumen output range.

I hope these are of interest:) .

Thanks, Gene Malkoff

Wow, I'm definitely interested in Project #1. :sold: Number 3 sounds extra nice too.

Gene43

Enlightened
The P-60 style dropin will be an LED version to replace incandescent module. I don't know about cost. It depends on the parts and work involved in putting them together. Right now I'm developing the drivers for these applications.

SuperTorch

Enlightened
If your going to use the rebel(I don't know if its even out yet) for number 3 you can count me in, any 600 lumen Mag esp if it maintains focus is a done deal for me.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. interested in #3. However... 2100mah... is that 700mah per led? You should find a way to drive them to the max. :)
Then stick in a 2 stage or something. lol

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
I'd definitely be interested in #1 and maybe #3. Keep us posted.

davenlei

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in #2 for sure and #3 depending on runtime, etc. Of course, price is one of the main factors.
Sooo... how much? :naughty:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Gene, we are interested in anything else you develop !

You certainly have our complete attention.
grinser2.gif

Regarding yer' family situation, there's only one solution:

Put 'em to work on the assembly line.

Make 'em start pullin' their own weight, for a change.

They've been freeloading for much too long !

<just kidding, just kidding>
lolsign.gif

xiaowenzu

Banned
Awesome lights 1 & 3! Although I wish that you'd also design a NovaTac that's about 1200 Lumens using the next generation Cree's. That would totally rock! :D

SmUk

Newly Enlightened
i want full power for #3
3000ma @ #3 !! 3x240lm = 720 ! ;)

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Definately first rate and you do not have to wait for months to recieve it back.
Great work and very professional.

Please keep us informed:)

Daekar

Enlightened
hrmm... well I can tell you my brother will definitely want one of those P-60 dropins for his combat light! Sounds like a good birthday present to me. If you can deliver even 150 lumens for at least 1 hour (as long as it's not really really floody I will commit to purchasing at least 1 assuming price is below $60.

Last edited: