After a lot of research

August West

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a ZL H51, I am an avid outdoorsman and have been looking for the most bang for the buck small headlamp. There seems to be a whole lot of folks that really like these lights and a couple that really hate them. Anyway I wanted to thank yall for helping me with my decision, the yeas and the nays, this forum is an absolute treasure trove of information. I am going to AZ in a couple of weeks for a whole lot of camping, bowfishing, froggin and catfishing so this light will for sure get a work out, when I come home I will let yall know if I am a yea or nay. LOL Chris

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have fun on your trip.

I look forward to some pictures and reports when you return.

August West

Newly Enlightened
Trad, Tradtech titan to be exact, I still shoot compound some but not as much as my recurve. Chris

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great light, and perfect for a trip like this. What type of batteries are you planning on using? The best choices would either be Eneloops or Energizer Lithium (L91) batteries. Eneloop batteries are the best rechargeable batteries for this light, and are great for performance (output & runtimes) especially when compared to crappy alkaline batteries. For a trip like yours though, I think you should use Energizer Lithium batteries (in the blue pack.) The Energizer lithium batteries will give you the best runtimes and the output will be as good as when running the light on eneloops. Plus, lithium batteries weigh about half as much as the eneloops. A single AA alkaline weighs .84 oz., Eneloop AA weighs .93 oz., and the Energizer Lithium AA weighs .51 oz. Also, Sams Club has the best price on the lithium batteries (12 for $20.)

August West

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip on Sam's, I had already decided to run the energizer lithiums, I don't have eneloops....yet. I have already figured out the alkalines with my camera, takes about a quarter of the pictures I can with lithiums. I am really looking forward to getting out to AZ, I lived there for 6 years and still have a lot of friends there. Chris

A987K

Newly Enlightened
Have fun

look forward to some pictures and reports when you return.