MJ-10 Canister information requested

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have purchased a TnC 27mm CR123A light on B/S/T (my 2nd TnC light. My first is a 5W SF-18650 X-XY0S which I was lucky to receive from Kenster :D )

The new LED in the new light looks to be Lux III, and on the reverse of the canister, it is labeled

TNC USA MJ-10

From this description, does anyone know the type of driver (inc. min / max Vin) and also the drive current to the LED?

Thanks in advance

David :thumbsup:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi David,

The MJ-10 is a 350mA driver. MJ designed and built these canisters to work with regular AA cells at 1.2v-1.5v. Some have had luck driving them even with 3.6v but they were not designed for this. I believe I have had one canister fail from 3.6v myself. I haven't had a failure yet at 3v but MJ doesn't support that voltage since it's a boost only driver. Obviously with higher voltage than rated so will the mA be higher as well for brighter output.

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Eric

Thank you for that valuable information :thumbsup:

It certainly explains why this Lux III canister was so bright (I was using a RCR123A!!! - not anymore!)

Thanks

David

ps Has there ever been any talk of a Titanium TnC light ? :whistle:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have some new designs Chris has programmed we are considering building in Ti. Chris was the first to machine a run of Ti lights I believe (and has run a number of Ti parts) so TnC has experience with Ti.