Surf Fishing

Briggz

Newly Enlightened
I do a lot of surf fishing and I am looking for something with good throw so I can see what's on the end of the line before I may have to wade out there. Any thoughts without dropping serious cash.

Water proof obviously

Currently I have a MYO that is about 3 years old and it just does not work well enough..

Thanks

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do a lot of surf fishing and I am looking for something with good throw so I can see what's on the end of the line before I may have to wade out there. Any thoughts without dropping serious cash.

Water proof obviously

Currently I have a MYO that is about 3 years old and it just does not work well enough..

Thanks

Hi Briggz,

I have a couple of lightly used headlights that might interest you. Great throwers with a tight beam. Lifetime warranty too. $15 shipped if it looks like something that will work for you.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...headlamp-at-Costco-(item-185790-LUX3AAHDLT-B)

colina

Newly Enlightened
Can recommend the Fenix HP11 for fishing. Excellent range when needed and low light levels when you just want a background light. The buttons are easy to access and in the right place on the head unit. AA batteries are easy to get whether you want rechargeable or alkaline. Excellent headlamp for surf fishing.

Alexander111

Newly Enlightened
Hi friends i want to go surf fishing but have no experience we have a rod and some hooks etc but were not sure how to tie the best lure/tackle for the given conditions the beach is a surf beach which has all kinds of fish out in the deep and it has an inlet where sharks often go to feed on smaller fish...........

tubed

Enlightened
I would also recommend the Fenix HL21 - as a smaller, lighter, less expensive option. I love mine. I think it's the best value in a light I have. $34 at most retailers. With the diffuser down its nice floody light that fills your nearby field of view. With the diffuser up it throws a tight beam well over 50 yards (more like 70 on a good night). If you want to keep your night vision it has a nice low setting. Big easy-to-hit button and only takes 1 AA battery. The only downside with the light i can find is that the diffuser is cheap, plastic, and flimsy - probably won't hold up to rigorous use..