Wholesale vendors of high power chips?

fastline

Newly Enlightened
I have several big projects for high power chips and looking to purchase LEDs in bulk. Buying in the states does not seem to make any financial sense and curious if anyone can provide vendor contacts? Looking for reflectors and LEDs, we will likely make the drivers.

RoGuE_StreaK

Enlightened
Which chips, and what kind of bulk?
For bigger bulk, someone like Cutter.com.au may work out OK, their shipping's too high for smaller orders but might be negated for the larger orders.
For smaller stuff, places like LedRise.com and IlluminationSupply.com seem to have good shipping rates, maybe leds.de as well. I know that LedRise seem to have a similar range and pricing to cutter, such as the carlco reflectors, but the shipping's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Wouldn't have a clue about 1000's etc., you're probably best off approaching the manufacturer directly then.

fastline

Newly Enlightened
Probably looking for lots of 100 or so. I find LEDs to one of the most difficult components to source. We really need to obtain several samples for testing and always find it hard to find one vendor that can provide sample qty and wholesale qty.

Thanks for the leads!

Optical Inferno

Enlightened
If you go to the LED manufacturers website they often have their suppliers listed (i.e. arrow electronics, FAI, etc.). Most of the time they can get you samples either free or at a reduced cost similar to places like digikey and cutter. Did you have a manufacturer in mind?

SemiMan

Banned
Probably looking for lots of 100 or so. I find LEDs to one of the most difficult components to source. We really need to obtain several samples for testing and always find it hard to find one vendor that can provide sample qty and wholesale qty.

Thanks for the leads!

100 units is quite small volume. That would be considered "sample" quantity for most. I use that many for some single lights. Any of the major component distributors, Digikey, Future, Arrow, Avnet, etc. will ship quantity 1 to quantity 100's of thousands. You will not be able to get a single bin for a few units, only if you purchase a reel of parts and expect to pay a premium.

Semiman

mds82

Enlightened
100 units is quite small volume. That would be considered "sample" quantity for most. I use that many for some single lights. Any of the major component distributors, Digikey, Future, Arrow, Avnet, etc. will ship quantity 1 to quantity 100's of thousands. You will not be able to get a single bin for a few units, only if you purchase a reel of parts and expect to pay a premium.

Semiman
+1 100 pieces is quite small. most reals of LED's come in groups on 1000 at a time. I would check with either Arrow Electronics ( who is great) or Digikey. I have bought around 20,000+ LED's from Arrow so far and they are great to deal with.

gi30d3

Newly Enlightened
as you requested the wholesale vendors's information, I have done business with this one, www.vozop.com They would always work with good service and price. I think they do have high power chips.

And they accept Paypal, that is good for buyers like you. Try to contact them.