Wolf-Eyes Thunder 3-cree LED ????

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
Does anyone have any info on this light? I just found it on the PTS website. It looks like a winner if it performs and is built like all the WE lights........

400-500 lumens?
runtimes on rechargeable and primaries?
size specs?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa, finally, mass produced versions of the custom lights. I was going to make one myself with a low-cost host since I couldn't afford a SF-based multi-LED, but I might just scrap my custom idea since these mass produced ones are available. Tho, my custom is much shorter (takes just 1x18650). I really hope Wolf-Eyes makes a 2-level setup. A low of about 10 lumens with a high of 400-500 would be a sweet setup! This and the EastwardYJ Legion that Neoseikan is working on are really making the LED arena exciting!

FASTCAR

Banned
I knew about the Thunder , Storm and Monsoon 6 mo ago.I helped name them :)

Think in the ballpark of 600-700 lumens.

FASTCAR

Banned
1 will be long and thin, 13V size...3 LED in head.600+ lumen
2 Short and fat, boxer body..3 led 600+ lumen

also new 123x 1 size light

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Description from the website,

Thunder AX

The Thunder is the next step in Wolf Eyes Tactical lighting technology. Designed to use 4 - CR123A batteries or 2 - LRB168A batteries for versatility in the field. Output will be in the 400-500 lumen range, reaching targets beyond 300 feet.

Wolf-Eyes Thunder

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
FASTCAR,
Are you saying that they are coming out with 3 new flashlights?
Why are they down grading from 600+ lumen to the 400-500 lumen PTS is showing the specifications?
1 will be long and thin, 13V size...3 LED in head.600+ lumen
2 Short and fat, boxer body..3 led 600+ lumen

also new 123x 1 size light

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
600+ emitter lumens would be about 400-500 torch lumens, so perhaps FASTCAR's quoting the target lumens during development (emitter) while W-Es has clarified the end-result marketable product lumens (torch)? Just a guess.

FASTCAR - do you know if these will have multi-level outputs?

FASTCAR

Banned
Making any product for the first time you have a target.Trust me, things change and change fast.

With 3 LEDs, P4 VS say Q5 would make a big jump in lumens.

Wolf Eyes never lets me down. Im sure this light will be yet ANOTHER huge hit and great Bang-For-The-Buck.

Out the front of 400+ at this size would be fantastic.

I would bet this light will sell out FAST! If Mike ( PTS) has a pre order, I would sign up fast.

These lights will have M*g 65/85 output with much better run time and curve ( flat).

I wait for the end version same as yall.Till then...:popcorn:

aml

Newly Enlightened
Im in! These things REALLY need to have 1 inch tube bodies so folks can use them with weapon mounts.

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
I want the short, fat, boxer (LRB 168A) body style. I'm hoping that the battery magazine will be the same as for the Boxer and M-300. Mult-staged would be nice; but after some thought, IMO it is not necessary.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
I want the short, fat, boxer (LRB 168A) body style. I'm hoping that the battery magazine will be the same as for the Boxer and M-300. Mult-staged would be nice; but after some thought, IMO it is not necessary.
When you hear Thunder, you know there's a "STORM" coming. :crackup:

The STORM is supposed to be released the same time as the Thunder.

The STORM and Thunder will use 3 - D23 LED modules that can be removed and upgraded in the future as LED technology advances. The STORM will use the same battery magazine as the Boxer/M300 and the same tail cap as the M300 with a spot for a lanyard.
WE Storm 1.jpg

Wolf Eyes THUNDER
WE Thunder 1.jpg

Posted by aml
Im in! These things REALLY need to have 1 inch tube bodies so folks can use them with weapon mounts.
Yes the Thunder will have a 1 inch body and yes the 9H tail cap will fit if you would like a pressure pad/switch

Last edited:

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
Any idea yet on run times with the two configurations. I would actually be interested in the 168A. Might have to mount it on the old M4. Something about this much light on building entries appeals to me. Next of course would be the strobe.:nana:

Dark Vapor

Newly Enlightened
So Mike, out of curiosity, what will the Monsoon be like? A "flood" light? Or a "torrential" beam (throw)? Or combination of both? Or maybe I'm way off base. Just my guesses. Thanks for the upcoming "forecast."

[edit] A quickie on the Storm, is it possible to get the light/torch without the batteries and charger? I already have a Boxer that came with it. Or I could get the package and have an extra charger on hand. And how do I go about requesting a price quote? Thanks again.

Last edited:

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
JeffW – I'm still waiting on Wolf Eyes to send the runtime figures. If you mount the Thunder on your M4 be careful of your background reflection, its a lot of light, you might blind yourself. :nana:

waTom – The LED modules are removable so upgrading to a better LED when it comes out will be easy!

Originally posted by Dark Vapor
So Mike, out of curiosity, what will the Monsoon be like? A "flood" light? Or a "torrential" beam (throw)? Or combination of both? Or maybe I'm way off base. Just my guesses. Thanks for the upcoming "forecast."

[edit] A quickie on the Storm, is it possible to get the light/torch without the batteries and charger? I already have a Boxer that came with it. Or I could get the package and have an extra charger on hand. And how do I go about requesting a price quote? Thanks again.

The name Monsoon was just a name we were considering, the THUNDER - STORM are the Official names.

I would rather not split up the kits, we can supply a DC charger instead of the AC charger or even a CH-02. But if you insist I'll sell it any way you want it. Once they come in PM me and we can talk prices.

edc3

Enlightened
Hi Mike,

Anything on the 123 x 1 size light that FASTCAR mentioned? I've been wanting a Surefire L1 but a similar Wolf Eyes 2 mode high/low offering might change my mind.