What job do you do?

unique

Enlightened
I'm asking this because reading on the other thread on how many lights are on you, a lot of people have at least 5 lights on them but they say that they are either going to work or use it for work and need that many on them. What job would require you to carry that many lights?

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hehe ;)

It is not related to job. because for the moment I am only a student ;)
I have lot of flashlights because I am a collector and I like new products ;)

PS: Yes I am "only" 48 years old ;) Maybe some other flashaholics have different point of view :nana:

Niconical

Enlightened
We all work underground, in a cave, at night, in winter.

That's our story and we're sticking to it :naughty:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
When people ask me why I carry so many lights,
I just tell them, Im afraid of the dark:nana:

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also a student. I didn't list the lights on the other post but if power goes out and you are about 60-100 feet underground (NYC subway system), a flashlight would help.

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
I only (well most of the time) carry two lights with me while at work. One Higher power for really lighting up an area and a fenix L2D for the nice lower long lasting modes.

I work building maintenance in the afternoons into nights so I am always poking my head into some of the less than well lighted areas of the building.

GPB

Enlightened
I am an analyst with an office job in a building that has emergency lights, so there's no justifiable reason to have a light at all times. But I always have a single AAA light in my pocket and something in my breifcase ( usually a G2L or E1B ) I could try the subway excuse, but I would be afraid that a panicked mob would take a light away from me if I pulled one out in a stalled subway car.

Electro Idiot

Newly Enlightened
I drive a gas tanker. I spend about 1/2 my time workin at night, so I use a flashlight every day. Lately I 've been usin a SF e2e and it works great for everything I need. Always carry a backup light though, just in case.
Usually a 6p with an R2, in case I feel the need for a lot of light :D

sawlight

Enlightened
I work maintenance for a large company, four buildings and LOTS of machinery. I have my head in and out of bad places, crawl under 30ft wide metal cutting saws, in and out of chip collection systems, and am on call 24/7.
I ALWAYS have my Novatac in my pocket, I started carrying and EO1 on my key chain, and have a Sportsman's extreme 2aa for loaning in my tool bag.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agronimist with a semi-regular jod at state organization that ensures crops for weather & natural phenomena damages...

I walk the farms (on the plains an on the mountains) And I always have a 2xCR123 light in my sack/backpack, plus one EDC in my funny pack...

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doorman. I use the lights to pinpoint people in a crowd, so they can either leave on their own, or it also lets the other doormen who needs to go if they aren't co-operating. Very good for instantaneous communication in a loud environment. They also provide a very slight advantage in a fight. But I'd say communication is the most important function. There's also a few psychological advantages it provides.
The number of lights is just a side effect of trying to build a better mousetrap.
In the future I may sell a few or give the cheaper ones away.
Edit:
I also have a series of UV lights for checking ID's
Generally at the most I carry the arc aaa-uv, m60, and 100w hotwire. Or maybe 2 uv lights and the m60. Depending on the event.
I'm hoping to reduce that to just the a19 in the future. It's a cree 7090 uv at .9a with a parabolic reflector. very bright for a uv light. Still doesn't work on mass id's though, so I guess the arc stays.

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work 2nd shift as a systems engineer at a hospital so I cycle my lights when I get bored with the one I am carrying.

tricker

Enlightened
theres one of these threads in the cafe

Civil Engineering Student, Fitness Mechanic to support the habit

Last edited:

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Police Officer. I alway have at least 2 lights on my person at all times. On duty I have my SF Z2 with a Malkof M60 drop-in and a Inova T2. Off duty my Inova T1 and my SF milkyspit modded KL1 w a K2 on a E2E body.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a graphic/webdesigner and photographer and I don't carry lights with me. I just like having them :)

Metatron

Banned
i am in pest control. do i need such white beams? hell yes! it gives me a laugh seeing clientele squirm when they see just how slovenly their lifestyle is, dust everywhere, years worth, spider webs in every nook and cranny, and oh yes ya gotta see their faces when my light picks up the shall we say 'dried DNA' at the sides of their beds. its a laugh a minute. not.:shakehead

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
I work for a private University as a security guard K9 handler. I work mostly swing shift so I rely on all my Surefire lights.